Girls, Weed & Music!!!! Could 9

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Re: Girls, Weed & Music!!!! Could 9

Post by Khmu Nation »

orichá wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:24 pm Kerouac wrote many of his most famous novels in only a month or two,
It shows, On The Road is one of the most over rated novels OF ALL TIME.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:01 pm
Never seen a weed smoker provoke a fight
never seen a weed smoker talk trash
never seen a weed smoker run out on a bill
never seen a weed smoker pass out on the street
and i've known more than a few over the past 58 years

^ I've seen weed smokers do ALL of the above

And I do like a smoke myself once in a while

But let's not talk shit lol
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:21 am Those hipster-bearded, tattooed millennials have ruined weed.

Thai stick was a perfectly good smoke, not this overstrength, overpriced nonsense with infantile names.
I disagree, as a Gen Z/Millennial aged person there's never been as much abundance of choice worldwide and it's fantastic

Miss the Thai Stick days? Just buy a nice OG strain like some OG Kush, hasn't changed for decades.

Want some stimulus for work and thought, some nice sativa

Want a good kip, nice indicia
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:18 am [
.We all love to hear No Woman No Cry* in a backpacker bar in Vang Vieng or Pai. Its even more chill n groovy when they play Bongo Bongo Manu Chao*.

*If there are any good reasons to hate marijuana and the culture around it, there's two of em.
Mmmh....So you DO have some kind of music culture, but nothing is now good enough to be listened to.

I assume that you abused drugs and musics at some point, and both are so tied together in your experience that you reject them nowadays with the same disgust.

C'mon Khmu Nation, what happened ?
Bad trippin' night in a fullmoon party ?
Wrecked hearing while a string of technivals ? Borderline overdose at a Ministry gig ? Coughing your lungs at a Rastafari Ragga Dub convention ?

Music is memory, what was the trauma ?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

just to put this out there
what is around online

this stuff works great for me and affordable

https://thaigreenlab.com/cannabis-flowers-online/

Tell ya its a different world form the one i stated in back in 65 :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Ghostwriter wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:21 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:18 am [
.We all love to hear No Woman No Cry* in a backpacker bar in Vang Vieng or Pai. Its even more chill n groovy when they play Bongo Bongo Manu Chao*.

*If there are any good reasons to hate marijuana and the culture around it, there's two of em.
Mmmh....So you DO have some kind of music culture, but nothing is now good enough to be listened to.

I assume that you abused drugs and musics at some point, and both are so tied together in your experience that you reject them nowadays with the same disgust.

C'mon Khmu Nation, what happened ?
Bad trippin' night in a fullmoon party ?
Wrecked hearing while a string of technivals ? Borderline overdose at a Ministry gig ? Coughing your lungs at a Rastafari Ragga Dub convention ?

Music is memory, what was the trauma ?
Your assumption is correct to a point - I didn't go to a string of technivals but I was in attendence at the first ever technival, which was in Beauvais in 1993 and guess what: it was SHIT. :D
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Khmu Nation wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:23 pm Your assumption is correct to a point - I didn't go to a string of technivals but I was in attendence at the first ever technival, which was in Beauvais in 1993 and guess what: it was SHIT. :D
Well, first anything is often not great, i'll give you that.

So that was the reason of your drugs & music disgust ? A rough teknival with some bad ecstasy / lsd trip over a night, sonorized by the Spiral Tribe's sonotone crew, and that was it, party was over for you ?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:42 pm Tell ya its a different world form the one i stated in back in 65 :beer3:
Thai stick tasting lemongrass & orange....
Weird, the Thai weed i used to buy in France had more a smell of chocolate & pepper to me, a heavy promising smell with a great deep relaxing feeling...pressed in multiple layers, very different packing than other weeds....i miss that flavor...
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Newinkow »

For me, growing up on the west coast of Canada in the late 70s and early 80s, we used to get "Thai" and "Buddha" sticks imported from Thailand. Weed from Thailand before the days of homegrown hydroponic "polio", "wheelchair" or "skunk" weed in the mid 80s, was only second to the weed from Hawaii (Maui Wowie). Weed from Hawaii were really expensive compared to stuff from SE Asia, Caribbean, Puerto Rico, or Mexico.

As young teenagers back then we thought that Thai and Buddha sticks were the same thing although Buddha sticks were more expensive. Still cheaper than Maui Wowie but harder to get.

Boy were we wrong. The difference between Thai and Buddha sticks was that Buddha sticks was supposedly dipped/laced in opium. That was the first time I personally tried opium. Didn't particularly like the Buddha sticks that much. My personal favorite back then was Maui Wowie.
JReb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by JReb »

Grew up on Jamaica. If you do not understand a culture you should not ridicule and pass judgement on those that do. ..to say people over 25 who smoke are losers is pure evil...Babylon ...Nice to see Thailand open a bit..it was so weird years ago having a hard time finding herb there..but, any bar girl could score ice in seconds..hated that scene..
Living in US have seen the mega strains and arise..
Sihanouk had excellent options 2017 before things went south..I sure would rather be eating or anything with herb in the air as opposed to the chain smoking cigarettes of the tourists in every place in PP ..
Thailand trying to lure me back...sounds fun after 6 years ..to each their own...losers? Wow...amazing
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic