Girls, Weed & Music!!!! Could 9

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: Girls, Weed & Music!!!! Could 9

Post by Random Dude »

Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:16 pm
Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:00 pm The posturing.
Excess in a way, then in the other way, isn't a healthy way of thinking, and is hypocritical when lecturing others.

Like an ex-smoker being a pain in the ass for other smokers, in an outside public area
There's no lecturing going on here. Shit. I expressed my opinion on weed. I think its a disgusting drug. Its horrible stuff; vile, revolting. It stinks.

I also hate 'weed culture' as I find it to be incredibly smug, way up its own ass, juvenlille and so often erroneous. Weed isn't a panacea. This dislike of stoner culture can be extended to individual habitual weed smokers who I find to be mostly juvenile, unrealistic, unreliable, temperamental and boring.

Do I think weed should be legal? Hell yeah!

Do I think its harmless, just a herb dude? Hell no!
Well, you don't need to smoke it. If you're at a party and people light up... move to a different room where people are doing something else, or just leave.

Or, you could just accept that not everyone shares your opinions, and most of them are probably doing ok in life despite you not approving of them smoking weed sometimes.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Random Dude wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:31 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:16 pm
Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:00 pm The posturing.
Excess in a way, then in the other way, isn't a healthy way of thinking, and is hypocritical when lecturing others.

Like an ex-smoker being a pain in the ass for other smokers, in an outside public area
There's no lecturing going on here. Shit. I expressed my opinion on weed. I think its a disgusting drug. Its horrible stuff; vile, revolting. It stinks.

I also hate 'weed culture' as I find it to be incredibly smug, way up its own ass, juvenlille and so often erroneous. Weed isn't a panacea. This dislike of stoner culture can be extended to individual habitual weed smokers who I find to be mostly juvenile, unrealistic, unreliable, temperamental and boring.

Do I think weed should be legal? Hell yeah!

Do I think its harmless, just a herb dude? Hell no!
Well, you don't need to smoke it. If you're at a party and people light up... move to a different room where people are doing something else, or just leave.

Or, you could just accept that not everyone shares your opinions, and most of them are probably doing ok in life despite you not approving of them smoking weed sometimes.
Of course I accept that not everyone shares my opinions!

I hate weed. I think its horrible. It my least favorite drug - including alcohol.

Thats all I said. Thats my opinion.I accept that some people love weed. They love it so much they smoke it every day and they're not remotely addicted to it cos its jus a lickle herb dude.

And I do move away if someone sparks up a cone.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:10 am Thailand's come along ways from Thaksin's war on drugs in 2003

This shop looks remarkably like the opening scene of the film Layer Cakein which Daniel Craig is walking in a futurist recreational drugs shop.

Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:05 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:10 am Thailand's come along ways from Thaksin's war on drugs in 2003

This shop looks remarkably like the opening scene of the film Layer Cakein which Daniel Craig is walking in a futurist recreational drugs shop.

I was walking by this place a few weekends ago as they were having their grand opening. The place was packed and there were at least 100 people in the alley right next to this place smoking bongs and joints. I have some good pictures but can't attach them.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:16 pm I also hate 'weed culture' as I find it to be incredibly smug, way up its own ass, juvenlille and so often erroneous. Weed isn't a panacea. This dislike of stoner culture can be extended to individual habitual weed smokers who I find to be mostly juvenile, unrealistic, unreliable, temperamental and boring.
Ok fine, weed world is smug to you, alcool sucks, and hard drugs sucks of course ^^

Have you been traumatized by any kind of music too ?
Because i remember your post saying that all the music you found on the "What music are you playing tonight ?" was "absolute garbage, nothing to enjoy here" or something similar...
The thread having quite a wide spectrum of musics, i can only assume you spent too much time either in Guantanamo or in a sensory isolation box at some point in your life...Or maybe you just didn't tried them tracks but then couldn't resist to belittle them anyway ?
Or maybe like drugs, you had your head & ears sooo deep into, errr..., let's say Peruvian death metal, or Bavarian accordeon ? - that your head also saturated there, leaving you with bleeding ears and a taste for mild sonorities like ASMR or Enya ?

No drugs no music, ok why not... (it doesn't look smug at all) but now i wonder what kind of parties you're enjoying ^^
The canceled ones ?
The deaf people ones, with a vibrating floor and no loudspeakers ?
The choir at the church ?
The sound of silence by Simon & Garfunkel ?

It's not so much about the sound or the means of partying, maybe more about the kind of energy to share ?
Music & altered states of consciousness getting well together, allowing most people to socialize and blow off some steam together, how do you transform your grumpy energy into something actually enjoyable by others ? By typing & spreading the sanctimonious word on CEO ?

Thank god it's friday, yay !
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:37 am
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:16 pm I also hate 'weed culture' as I find it to be incredibly smug, way up its own ass, juvenlille and so often erroneous. Weed isn't a panacea. This dislike of stoner culture can be extended to individual habitual weed smokers who I find to be mostly juvenile, unrealistic, unreliable, temperamental and boring.
Ok fine, weed world is smug to you, alcool sucks, and hard drugs sucks of course ^^

Have you been traumatized by any kind of music too ?
Because i remember your post saying that all the music you found on the "What music are you playing tonight ?" was "absolute garbage, nothing to enjoy here" or something similar...
The thread having quite a wide spectrum of musics, i can only assume you spent too much time either in Guantanamo or in a sensory isolation box at some point in your life...Or maybe you just didn't tried them tracks but then couldn't resist to belittle them anyway ?
Or maybe like drugs, you had your head & ears sooo deep into, errr..., let's say Peruvian death metal, or Bavarian accordeon ? - that your head also saturated there, leaving you with bleeding ears and a taste for mild sonorities like ASMR or Enya ?

No drugs no music, ok why not... (it doesn't look smug at all) but now i wonder what kind of parties you're enjoying ^^
The canceled ones ?
The deaf people ones, with a vibrating floor and no loudspeakers ?
The choir at the church ?
The sound of silence by Simon & Garfunkel ?

It's not so much about the sound or the means of partying, maybe more about the kind of energy to share ?
Music & altered states of consciousness getting well together, allowing most people to socialize and blow off some steam together, how do you transform your grumpy energy into something actually enjoyable by others ? By typing & spreading the sanctimonious word on CEO ?

Thank god it's friday, yay !
Yeah, well said. In other words Khumu Nation, you're a real drag.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

seems some serious deletions here yesterday after 3:15 pm>

when khun nation said he he loved to run a pot shop but
he hates weed and the whole culture>

WHY censor the debate? :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:14 am seems some serious deletions here yesterday after 3:15 pm>

when khun nation said he he loved to run a pot shop but
he hates weed and the whole culture>

WHY censor the debate? :stir:
my bad,wrong thread>> ah well

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

orichá wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:04 pm Without weed, there'd be no Verlaine, Rimbaud or Baudelaire... Among many others, including all the Beat poets, and even the Beatles, the Dead... and a zillion other artists whose poetry would never have seen the light of day without it...
Bullshit.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... 1679678172
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic