Girls, Weed & Music!!!! Could 9

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Girls, Weed & Music!!!! Could 9

Post by phuketrichard »

Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:02 am I detest marijuana. The buzz, the smell, the culture around it, everything. Hate it. Anyone over the age of about 25 who smokes it is a total, total LOSER.
I'd take a weed smoker over a fucking drunk any day of the week
Never seen a weed smoker provoke a fight
never seen a weed smoker talk trash
never seen a weed smoker run out on a bill
never seen a weed smoker pass out on the street
and i've known more than a few over the past 58 years

anyone siting in a bar getting drunk day in, day out over the age 25, has not even reached the level of being a total loser :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:21 am Those hipster-bearded, tattooed millennials have ruined weed.

Thai stick was a perfectly good smoke, not this overstrength, overpriced nonsense with infantile names.
I agree.

Another thing that has ruined weed for me, is buying it from government approved shops. The legal weed they sell in Canada has all been sitting in a package for a year before I buy it. It looks great, smells great, but it’s way too dry, burns as black as pitch, and even the supposedly “top shelf” stuff, doesn’t seem to get me any higher than good homegrown outdoor.
When I buy from a dealer, I can open the bag, smell it, touch it, and even smoke a joint to test it out before I buy it. The stuff the weed shops sell comes in 3 layers of opaque packaging, and if it turns out to be garbage, they tell you to contact the grower through their website for a refund.

I haven’t been to Thailand since all these changes happened, but my Dad was there last month, and he says it’s stupidly overpriced. I never bothered with weed very much in Thailand anyway, but if I can buy a bag of farmer weed from a tuk tuk driver for a reasonable price, and smoke it in a bar without being bothered by anyone, then I guess that’s an improvement from the way things were before.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Wow, anyone who detests weed obviously never got a whiff of good stuff, lol ...

Without weed, there'd be no Verlaine, Rimbaud or Baudelaire... Among many others, including all the Beat poets, and even the Beatles, the Dead... and a zillion other artists whose poetry would never have seen the light of day without it...
Last edited by orichá on Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:01 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:02 am I detest marijuana. The buzz, the smell, the culture around it, everything. Hate it. Anyone over the age of about 25 who smokes it is a total, total LOSER.
I'd take a weed smoker over a fucking drunk any day of the week
Never seen a weed smoker provoke a fight
never seen a weed smoker talk trash
never seen a weed smoker run out on a bill
never seen a weed smoker pass out on the street
and i've known more than a few over the past 58 years

anyone siting in a bar getting drunk day in, day out over the age 25, has not even reached the level of being a total loser :stir:
I didn't actually say weed = bad / beer = good so I am not sure what your point is in reference to my post. Any substance, used to the point if abuse, is bad.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

orichá wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:04 pm Wow, anyone who detests weed obviously never got a whiff of good stuff, lol ...

Without weed, there'd be no Verlaine, Rimbaud or Baudelaire... Among many others, including all the Beat poets, and eben the Beatles, the Dead, etc,... and a zillion other artists whose poetry would never have seen the light of day without it...
That's absolute nonsense! Utter bullshit. Only a weed smoker could make such an absurd claim! Ridiculous as well as juvenile.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:54 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:51 am
Why do so many junkies condemn weed and alcohol? It's like they need to make themselves feel better about their own serious addiction by ragging on something else far less harmful to the average person.
Eh? Who said anything about junkies?
You told us you were a junkie lots of times.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:15 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:54 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:51 am
Why do so many junkies condemn weed and alcohol? It's like they need to make themselves feel better about their own serious addiction by ragging on something else far less harmful to the average person.
Eh? Who said anything about junkies?
You told us you were a junkie lots of times.
Yeah I was. I was also a stoner for a number of years. Whats your point?
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

The posturing.
Excess in a way, then in the other way, isn't a healthy way of thinking, and is hypocritical when lecturing others.

Like an ex-smoker being a pain in the ass for other smokers, in an outside public area
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Ryan754326 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:47 pm
Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:21 am Those hipster-bearded, tattooed millennials have ruined weed.

Thai stick was a perfectly good smoke, not this overstrength, overpriced nonsense with infantile names.
I agree.

Another thing that has ruined weed for me, is buying it from government approved shops. The legal weed they sell in Canada has all been sitting in a package for a year before I buy it. It looks great, smells great, but it’s way too dry, burns as black as pitch, and even the supposedly “top shelf” stuff, doesn’t seem to get me any higher than good homegrown outdoor.
When I buy from a dealer, I can open the bag, smell it, touch it, and even smoke a joint to test it out before I buy it. The stuff the weed shops sell comes in 3 layers of opaque packaging, and if it turns out to be garbage, they tell you to contact the grower through their website for a refund.

I haven’t been to Thailand since all these changes happened, but my Dad was there last month, and he says it’s stupidly overpriced. I never bothered with weed very much in Thailand anyway, but if I can buy a bag of farmer weed from a tuk tuk driver for a reasonable price, and smoke it in a bar without being bothered by anyone, then I guess that’s an improvement from the way things were before.
FYI: yes it ridiculously overpriced in TOURIST areas<
But as far as Phuket goes, In town its half or less the price, an there is always online delivered to ur door, where it is affordable.
I have seen thai stick in town for 3,000 bat/100 grms
Legally ur not allowed to smoke in Public BUT that is not enforced anywhere> (https://weed.in.th/events/phuket-cannab ... ch-25-2023)
....When I buy from a dealer, I can open the bag, smell it, touch it, and even smoke a joint to test it out before I buy it.

u described the way its sold here :-)
Its is very strong ( 20+ THC) and puts thai stick ( was around 10-12% THC (of which was lucky to see an smoke decades ago) to shame>To dam strong for me!! I prefer in the range of 8-12% THC
I dont think Thailand wants to become the Amsterdam of the far east but, BUT thats Thailand for ya, act first, than think
I expect come after elections in May that things will change and recreational weed will be no longer as freely available
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:00 pm The posturing.
Excess in a way, then in the other way, isn't a healthy way of thinking, and is hypocritical when lecturing others.

Like an ex-smoker being a pain in the ass for other smokers, in an outside public area
There's no lecturing going on here. Shit. I expressed my opinion on weed. I think its a disgusting drug. Its horrible stuff; vile, revolting. It stinks.

I also hate 'weed culture' as I find it to be incredibly smug, way up its own ass, juvenlille and so often erroneous. Weed isn't a panacea. This dislike of stoner culture can be extended to individual habitual weed smokers who I find to be mostly juvenile, unrealistic, unreliable, temperamental and boring.

Do I think weed should be legal? Hell yeah!

Do I think its harmless, just a herb dude? Hell no!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic