Anxious British Hotelier Seeking Advice on Starting a Hostess Bar in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Re: Anxious British Hotelier Seeking Advice on Starting a Hostess Bar in Phnom Penh

Post by Khmu Nation »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:14 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:03 pm
I could own and run a cannabis cafe for sure.
You seem to have resolved the misgivings you had about pot earlier today.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:02 am I detest marijuana. The buzz, the smell, the culture around it, everything. Hate it. Anyone over the age of about 25 who smokes it is a total, total LOSER.
Im more than happy to make money off idiots.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Anxious British Hotelier Seeking Advice on Starting a Hostess Bar in Phnom Penh

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Khmu Nation wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:10 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:14 pm
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:03 pm
I could own and run a cannabis cafe for sure.
You seem to have resolved the misgivings you had about pot earlier today.
Khmu Nation wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:02 am I detest marijuana. The buzz, the smell, the culture around it, everything. Hate it. Anyone over the age of about 25 who smokes it is a total, total LOSER.
Im more than happy to make money off idiots.
Nothing sells like contempt, loathing, and disdain.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

The guys at Baccara bar on 118 seem to be able to run a tight ship. William on 130 keeps it together. It can be done.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

Gazzy wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:49 am The guys at Baccara bar on 118 seem to be able to run a tight ship. William on 130 keeps it together. It can be done.
How does you translate 'running a tight ship" or 'keeping it together" into being a thriving, successful business? Being in business is one thing.....
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Chat GPT style FP and no more interaction by the OP.

It appears that AI knows what Cambodian expats likes to converse about. The horror to have all this knowledge yet being unable to sit down for a cold excuse of a beer.

Being human still has its merits.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Like posters said, if you wanna be surrounded by hookers and their problems just take 2 months off every year. Its cheaper and healthier. Im sure you"ll get bored after one month.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

work is for people who cant find truffles
jo smo
Tourist

Post by jo smo »

I appreciate all the advice, snipes and banter! Plenty of all. I have indeed been to Cambodia and Thailand. I'll let you know if I make the leap but still have a lot to think about.

Cheers
Jo
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic