Can i use mobile boarding pass at PNH airport?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freebirdzz
Expatriate

Can i use mobile boarding pass at PNH airport?

Post by Freebirdzz »

Or do I have to stand in the massive queue to get a paper boarding pass?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Can i use mobile boarding pass at PNH airport?

Post by Doc67 »

Freebirdzz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:05 am Or do I have to stand in the massive queue to get a paper boarding pass?
Why not go to a copyshop and get it printed out, that way you can test the mobile-only route but have a back up, just in case.

Better than that massive queue.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Which airline?
If the airline is able to issue mobile boarding passes, then they should work. But at some airports, the facility doesn’t work, or the route is not operated by a single airline, and so the airline normally would restrict the issue. From my experience.

Emirates for example. Mobile boarding passes, added into my iOS wallet, generally available most places. But checking in at Phnom Penh, because there is another airline operating part of the route (Bangkok air to BKK), the checkin process doesn’t provide mobile passes. Coming the other way, it’s mobile passes.
Freebirdzz
Expatriate

Post by Freebirdzz »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:12 am
Freebirdzz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:05 am Or do I have to stand in the massive queue to get a paper boarding pass?
Why not go to a copyshop and get it printed out, that way you can test the mobile-only route but have a back up, just in case.

with the evaporation of internet cafes with printers now you have to go into a copy shop and email it to staff and have them print it, and in my experience that always takes much longer than it should
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Last time I tried to go straight to immigration with an electronic boarding pass on my mobile, the immigration officer sent me back to get the real thing. That was in December or January, so I went back to paper from then on.

Quite annoying, really, considering it's 2023 and all. In the opposite direction coming from Bangkok, on the other hand, I got through with the electronic version. I was half expecting the IO at PNH making a fuss about it upon arrival, but no.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

There is no massive queue at the PNH airport. I travel a lot in the Pacific rim like once a month this year and I never wait more than 10 minutes.
Boredom is like a shroud
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Even if you are issued a mobile boarding pass, you still need to go to the check-in counter at PNH where they check your passport and issue you a physical boarding pass, and drop of check-in luggage if you have any.

And the qeues are never that bad. If you have already checked-in online and have a mobile boarding pass you just queue in the "Online Check-in" queue.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Freebirdzz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:52 am

with the evaporation of internet cafes with printers now you have to go into a copy shop and email it to staff and have them print it, and in my experience that always takes much longer than it should
still be quicker than those queues...
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:41 pm
Freebirdzz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:52 am

still be quicker than those queues...
There is no queue at the PNH airport, if you are on such in a rush it must be stressful for you travel by air.
Boredom is like a shroud
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I check in for several years just with my pasport, never been asked about anything else.
If your name is in their system, with your pasport alone you re okay !!

P.S. Ofcourse NOT during covid with al the covid-documents . . .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic