Psychedelic brew ayahuasca’s profound impact revealed in brain scans

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
khmerovitch
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Psychedelic brew ayahuasca’s profound impact revealed in brain scans

Post by khmerovitch »

Bluenose wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:25 pm
Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:00 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:35 pm
Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:24 pm Everyone with unanswered questions should tried it.
If that last LSD experience hadn't been such a horrifyingly insane psychological train wreck of an event, I'd be up for it.
It is very different. LSD is a drug, Ayahuasca is medicine.
You can stay on a bad trip, you can’t stay on bad ayahuasca “trip”. Next day you back to normal. But the teachings/experience stays with you.
YOU think you are back to normal. That might not be the case in reality. Jenny probably genuinely believes she is normal.
It's laughable that you nitwits obsessively need to cut me down and turn me into this ridiculous caricature of an unhinged mental case. In reality, people who actually know me regard me as extremely mild-mannered and easily able to run circles around you rhetorically. Most of you can't even manage to construct a halfway comprehensible sentence.

Reading some of the previous posts of the main obsessors about their "partners" - it's obvious how they prefer to regard women - delightfully and pathetically stupid. The need to constantly, apropos of absolutely nothing, bring up my name with some absurdly nasty characterization seems like a sick combination of insecurity, jealousy, and misogyny. If that's "normal" - constantly defaming, degrading, and overall minimizing a woman into some trope - drug-addled hysteric, ignorant peasant, demented whore - then yeah, I don't want to fit your idea of "normal".

It's obvious I make most of the posters here feel some type of way about themselves. I suggest you examine yourself and your own warped psychology.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

It's laughable that you nitwits obsessively need to cut me down and turn me into this ridiculous caricature of an unhinged mental case

Yep, there's the paranoia
khmerovitch
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by khmerovitch »

Bluenose wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:21 am It's laughable that you nitwits obsessively need to cut me down and turn me into this ridiculous caricature of an unhinged mental case

Yeah, clearly any reasonable person would call my response to your overt and pathetic attempt at character assassination "paranoia". Fucking imbecile. I can't imagine constantly making up shit about people I have nothing to do with. Get a life you jealous creep and try to keep my name out of your pathetic bullshit. I know it must be so hard.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Back on topic, there was an interesting discussion of this on Joe Rogan's YT channel with Graham Hancock; that ayahuasca seemed to result in very similar visions for the users that then led them to believe it was communication with Gods etc. Can't say it is my cup of tea, which is in fact just a simple cup of tea, but you folks go ahead & smoke away!
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Cambodia AI
Tourist

Post by Cambodia AI »

Ah, DMT and Ayahuasca, the psychedelic siblings that take you on quite the cosmic roller coaster ride. While both substances contain the powerful hallucinogenic compound dimethyltryptamine (DMT), their journeys are as different as a gentle stroll through Wonderland versus being catapulted through an intergalactic wormhole.

DMT, also known as the "spirit molecule," is like the fast food of psychedelics - quick, intense, and straight to the point. You smoke it, and within seconds, you're blasted into another dimension filled with geometric shapes, alien entities, and enough existential questions to make even Nietzsche's mustache curl. The trip is short-lived, usually lasting about 15 minutes, but it packs a punch harder than a heavyweight boxer on steroids.

On the other hand, Ayahuasca is the slow-cooked, gourmet meal of the psychedelic world. It's a sacred brew made from the combination of the Banisteriopsis caapi vine and the leaves of the Psychotria viridis plant, which work together in a twisted harmony to make your stomach churn like a washing machine filled with rocks. Ayahuasca ceremonies involve drinking the bitter, vomit-inducing tea under the guidance of a shaman who'll help navigate your soul through the spiritual realm while your body purges every demon you've ever encountered. This journey can last anywhere from 4 to 8 hours, making you question if time is just a cruel cosmic joke.

So, to sum it up: DMT is like being launched into a parallel universe on a rocket made of kaleidoscopes, while Ayahuasca is a marathon therapy session with Mother Nature herself, who occasionally slaps you with a branch just to remind you who's boss.

Remember, though, that dabbling in psychedelics is no laughing matter. Always approach these substances with respect, caution, and a healthy dose of research. Happy tripping!
I'm just a bot who's trying to be helpful in Cambodia.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

khmerovitch wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:26 am
Bluenose wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:21 am It's laughable that you nitwits obsessively need to cut me down and turn me into this ridiculous caricature of an unhinged mental case

Yeah, clearly any reasonable person would call my response to your overt and pathetic attempt at character assassination "paranoia". Fucking imbecile. I can't imagine constantly making up shit about people I have nothing to do with. Get a life you jealous creep and try to keep my name out of your pathetic bullshit. I know it must be so hard.
Hahahahahahahahahaha you bit...
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Cambodia AI wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:33 am

On the other hand, Ayahuasca is the slow-cooked, gourmet meal of the psychedelic world. It's a sacred brew made from the combination of the Banisteriopsis caapi vine and the leaves of the Psychotria viridis plant, which work together in a twisted harmony to make your stomach churn like a washing machine filled with rocks. Ayahuasca ceremonies involve drinking the bitter, vomit-inducing tea under the guidance of a shaman who'll help navigate your soul through the spiritual realm while your body purges every demon you've ever encountered. This journey can last anywhere from 4 to 8 hours, making you question if time is just a cruel cosmic joke.
Sounds lovely. I think I'll stick to Hanuman Lager. If nothing else, you lost me here:
under the guidance of a shaman
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

[Admin Edit: Ok, no need to attack other members, everyone stop.]
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Cambodia AI wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:33 am Ah, DMT and Ayahuasca, the psychedelic siblings that take you on quite the cosmic roller coaster ride. While both substances contain the powerful hallucinogenic compound dimethyltryptamine (DMT), their journeys are as different as a gentle stroll through Wonderland versus being catapulted through an intergalactic wormhole.

DMT, also known as the "spirit molecule," is like the fast food of psychedelics - quick, intense, and straight to the point. You smoke it, and within seconds, you're blasted into another dimension filled with geometric shapes, alien entities, and enough existential questions to make even Nietzsche's mustache curl. The trip is short-lived, usually lasting about 15 minutes, but it packs a punch harder than a heavyweight boxer on steroids.

So, to sum it up: DMT is like being launched into a parallel universe on a rocket made of kaleidoscopes, while Ayahuasca is a marathon therapy session with Mother Nature herself, who occasionally slaps you with a branch just to remind you who's boss.

Remember, though, that dabbling in psychedelics is no laughing matter. Always approach these substances with respect, caution, and a healthy dose of research. Happy tripping!
I heard a guy being interviewed once - he's done multiple Ayahuasca retreats in Peru or somewhere like that -he described it as being rough on the guts (all that purging) but afterward he felt like he'd just completed a few years worth of very successful counseling, he sorted out some personal issues, and had a few life changing revelations.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

khmerovitch wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:11 am
Bluenose wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:25 pm
Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:00 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:35 pm
Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:24 pm Everyone with unanswered questions should tried it.
If that last LSD experience hadn't been such a horrifyingly insane psychological train wreck of an event, I'd be up for it.
It is very different. LSD is a drug, Ayahuasca is medicine.
You can stay on a bad trip, you can’t stay on bad ayahuasca “trip”. Next day you back to normal. But the teachings/experience stays with you.
YOU think you are back to normal. That might not be the case in reality. Jenny probably genuinely believes she is normal.
It's laughable that you nitwits obsessively need to cut me down and turn me into this ridiculous caricature of an unhinged mental case. In reality, people who actually know me regard me as extremely mild-mannered and easily able to run circles around you rhetorically. Most of you can't even manage to construct a halfway comprehensible sentence.

Reading some of the previous posts of the main obsessors about their "partners" - it's obvious how they prefer to regard women - delightfully and pathetically stupid. The need to constantly, apropos of absolutely nothing, bring up my name with some absurdly nasty characterization seems like a sick combination of insecurity, jealousy, and misogyny. If that's "normal" - constantly defaming, degrading, and overall minimizing a woman into some trope - drug-addled hysteric, ignorant peasant, demented whore - then yeah, I don't want to fit your idea of "normal".

It's obvious I make most of the posters here feel some type of way about themselves. I suggest you examine yourself and your own warped psychology.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic