Software in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
kingofirony
Tourist

Software in Phnom Penh

Post by kingofirony »

greetings from santa barbara. I have visited the lovely kingdom several times. My favorite place in asia.

Last time i purchased software at the huge multi storied mall by the russian market.

I was wondering if software is still available there?

Is there anyone out there that i could pay to purchase and send me certain software?

thanking you in advance, Herb
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Software in Phnom Penh

Post by Username Taken »

I don't know of any 'huge multi storied mall by the russian market'. Usually when Americans use the word 'huge' they actually mean HUGE.

Maybe you mean Parkway or Sovanna. But I wouldn't consider either of them HUGE.

If you're prepared to purchase pirated software from Cambodia, you may as well just download it free from the internet.
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

Local shop sell burns of what they downloaded from public sources. You'll find the same rips, often better, on your favorite BitTorrent tracker. There is no need for purchasing and sending anything. Just download it.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

What are you looking for?

I also can't think of what huge multilevel building you might be referring to.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
eriksank
Expatriate

Post by eriksank »

kingofirony wrote:Last time i purchased software at the huge multi storied mall by the russian market. I was wondering if software is still available there? Is there anyone out there that i could pay to purchase and send me certain software?
You could use a torrent search engine to find the downloads that you want. But then again, why not use the equivalent free and open-source version (FOSS)? You are encouraged to download FOSS software, while downloading proprietary software is discouraged. It is even illegal in quite a few countries to distribute proprietary software. You can avoid all of that nonsense by sticking to FOSS software.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

You guys couldnt recognise an obvious troll if he bit you in the ass.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

And yes, I know a thing or two about the subject :ROFL:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

logos wrote:You guys couldnt recognise an obvious troll if he bit you in the ass.
logos wrote:And yes, I know a thing or two about the subject :ROFL:
Quite.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Another recommendation. The list grows.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

logos wrote:You guys couldnt recognise an obvious troll if he bit you in the ass.
Troll or not, the question is legit and the answers will show up in search results when non-trolls are looking for answers.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic