Trump to be Arrested on Tuesday.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Trump to be Arrested on Tuesday.

Post by Kenr »

David Gordon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:26 pm
Kenr wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:16 pm
David Gordon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:06 pm
Kenr wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:32 pm
David Gordon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:23 pm He never even took a salary the entire time he was president. It’s ridiculous because after all this time with great effort that’s all they could find. It’s a witch hunt.
And what does that have to do with committing tax fraud? He should get a pass? And you are mistaken, he did take a salary as POTUS. He claims he donated all of it, so I’m sure he took that as a tax write off for donations. He was also taking a salary from his personal businesses, which was a hell of a lot more than POTUS pay.

And you are also mistaken thinking this is his only court case.
I happened to see last week a case where a person went to court against the government for millions in tax fraud and the judge said after some decade(s) that he actually showed due diligence and threw out the governments case. That means - wait and see I guess. It will be a court case and will go on forever.

Meanwhile the western world is falling apart at the seams and the inmates are running the asylum.
Well this case is not decades old. But it’s good to see you are ok with millionaires and billionaires filing fraudulent tax returns and them not being held accountable. So you should be ok when someone robs you and steals all your valuables, nothing should happen to the thief.
it’s good to see such a citizen above reproach who has never cheated or lied about anything in their lives. The rest of us are hipocrites.
I’ve never cheated anyone out of anything, and I’ve always paid what I’ve owed in taxes. You think it’s ok because his name is Trump, so yes, that is hypocritical.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

David Gordon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:00 pm Trump is assured a win now with this shit show.
The next election might never take place.

What if this indictment is totally intended to start Trump's supporters rioting so that the govt can respond in kind. It's what they want, after all.

Trump needs to tell his supporters to 'do nothing'.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Lol it’s like give the babysitting job to the pedo because the other guy allegedly cheated on his taxes. They hate him so much because he’s not a globalist and exposes them (career politicians) for the murderous swamp life scum they all are.

The issue at hand relates to hush money that was paid for an event that may or may not have happened in 2006. Trump paid the ‘horse face’ whore to shut up about it already.

It’s a matter of scale. We may make small errors but they are mere dollars or adding mistakes. When you have billions of dollars of transactions and dozens of lawyers and accountants you lose some of that control and just sign where you are advised - even though you are ultimately responsible because things move fast. In the grand scheme of things it is a nothing burger and amounts to nothing of value.

It reminds me of lord Conrad Blacks affair and how - while applying the laws they ruined a company and everyone involved That too was a witch hunt and almost all the initial charges were dropped but he still did time and wrote a fascinating book about it.
Stay classy na
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

By Jack Phillips
March 31, 2023

Former President Donald Trump’s lawyer said there is “zero chance” the 45th president will take a plea deal after Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg indicted him, and indicated his team would file motions to dismiss the case, although the indictment has not yet been unsealed.

“President Trump will not take a plea deal on this case. It’s not gonna happen,” Tacopina told NBC News on Friday, adding there is “zero chance” it will happen. “There’s no crime. I don’t know if it’s gonna make it to trial because we have substantial legal challenges.”

Trump is “not going to hole up in Mar-a-Lago,” he said. The indictment targeting Trump has not been unsealed, as typically a court will make it public after a defendant appears in court for their arraignment.

In a separate interview with ABC News, Tacopina said that by Thursday’s development “was a shock” for Trump. “At the end of the day, we were really hoping and he was hoping that the rule of law would’ve prevailed,” he added. “In my opinion—and I don’t say this with pride or pleasure—in my 32 years as a lawyer, both as a prosecutor and a defense attorney, I feel like the rule of law died yesterday in this country.”

“This is unprecedented in this country’s history. I don’t know what to expect other than an arraignment,” he remarked. “I understand they’re going to be closing off blocks around the courthouse, shutting down the courthouse. You know, we’ll go in there and we’ll proceed to see a judge at some point, plead not guilty, start talking about filing motions, which we will do immediately and very aggressively regarding the legal viability of this case.”

Another lawyer representing Trump in a separate case, Jim Trusty, told CNN that he believes the former president’s legal team will attempt to dismiss the charges before it gets to trial. Several legal experts have made similar remarks, arguing that Trump could try to get the case tossed because of the statute of limitations or because Bragg’s case against him is based on a faulty legal theory.

“I would think in very short order, you’ll see a motion to dismiss—or several motions to dismiss,” Trusty told CNN, adding that those filings will likely be submitted within “days.”

Some analysts, including George Washington University professor John Banzhaf, have said Trump could argue “selective enforcement” is at play, or when a prosecutor attempts to target someone for certain charges “when they generally choose not to charge other people who committed similar offenses.”

Noting the peculiarities of the case against Trump, Tacopina told ABC News that “there is really no precedent for this case … this was done with personal money.” Reports have indicated that Bragg was investigating Trump for misclassifying alleged hush-money payments made during the 2016 campaign to adult actress Stormy Daniels to cover up a purported affair, which Trump has denied.

“Statutorily, the law says this: If the payment was made with personal funds and it would’ve been made irrespective of the candidate’s campaign, it’s outside of campaign finance and, clearly, that’s what you have here,” Tacopina said.

When asked whether he believes Trump will be placed in handcuffs for a “perp walk” or a mugshot, the lawyer said that “they will try to get every ounce of publicity they can out of this thing” but that Trump “will not be put in handcuffs.”

“As far as a mugshot’s concerned, perp walk, I mean, you know, as I said, I’m sure they’ll try to make sure they get some joy out of this by parading him,” Tacopina said. “But, you know, I think this is a different situation,” he continued. “It is a lot of groups involved here and I don’t think they’re going to allow this to become a circus, as much as humanly possible.”

Although it is not believed Trump will resist arrest, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis wrote on Twitter that he would not assist in extraditing the former president and linked Bragg to alleged campaign money provided by controversial left-wing billionaire George Soros. Like Trump, DeSantis is reportedly eyeing the White House in 2024, although he has not officially announced his candidacy, and it isn’t clear if he will.

Trump faces additional legal troubles amid a federal investigation into his activity following the 2020 election, a Georgia investigation relating to the 2020 election, and another federal investigation into his handling of government records after he left office. The former president has denied wrongdoing in those three cases, alleging they are part of politically motivated efforts to harm him politically.
Stay classy na
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

David Gordon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:13 pm
“As far as a mugshot’s concerned, perp walk, I mean, you know, as I said, I’m sure they’ll try to make sure they get some joy out of this by parading him,” Tacopina said. “But, you know, I think this is a different situation,” he continued. “It is a lot of groups involved here and I don’t think they’re going to allow this to become a circus, as much as humanly possible.”
From a week ago:
Former US President Donald Trump has reportedly told his advisors that he wants to be in handcuffs when he appears in court if he is indicted, in a case of paying hush money to adult movie star Stormy Daniels. Trump’s rationale was that he might as well turn everything into a “spectacle” since he would have to go to the court and surrender for fingerprinting and a mug shot, British publication The Guardian reported citing sources.

Sources also said that Trump wants to be handcuffed so can be defiant in face of an “unfair prosecution” and that it would make his base for the 2024 presidential campaign stronger. They further mentioned he was perturbed that special arrangements will make him appear like a loser. These arrangements included appearing in the court via video link and sitting quietly and secretly in the courtroom.
https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/wor ... 2023-03-22
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

of course he wont ever make a plea deal cause that is an admission of some quilt, ( Trump can maintain that he is innocent, but admit that there is evidence of culpability.)

if it goes to trail in new york and a jury of his peers (LOL) not really his peers :-)
one of the most democratic cities in the state you can be sure he will be convicted>
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:28 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:03 pm Trump: "Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."
Such a lovely example for young boys.
Did you just assume genders and heterosexuality? :wink:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

David Gordon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:47 pm
It’s a matter of scale. We may make small errors but they are mere dollars or adding mistakes. When you have billions of dollars of transactions and dozens of lawyers and accountants you lose some of that control and just sign where you are advised - even though you are ultimately responsible because things move fast. In the grand scheme of things it is a nothing burger and amounts to nothing of value.

Man, it's true love from your side, isn't it?

Others did worse.
It's small money.
It's a witch hunt.
He only signed when they asked him to.

If your accusations are true, Trump could just have stepped up, explain why this happened, explain what went wrong, and settle it. He could have done so for months. That's what an innocent person caught in a 'sign where advised' position would do, followed by the announcement of firing some of the accounting staff making him sign under the wrong conditions.
But this hasn't happened and that's a major sign on the wall.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Random Dude wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 8:16 am
Alex wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:30 am
David Gordon wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:33 am
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:20 am Imagine getting him as a cellmate. You'd be begging for solitary within hours.
Not at all. I would consider myself very fortunate. That would be great.
Would you shank him?
Shank.... Or spoon?
Fork
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic