Help! I lost my US passport

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
SEAdude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Help! I lost my US passport

Post by SEAdude »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:08 pm It may be worth approaching one of the "reputable" visa agencies in SR, it may be possible that they can sort things out without you needing to go to PP, get an Exit Visa, leave then return...it has been done in the past, but not sure whether still possible. Easy Travel & Tours are probably your best bet since the owners husband is the CO of the DoI in SR.
Do you know any "reputable" visa agencies in SR? Lemme know!
Worth a try at least!

Thanks again PSD-Kiwi!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

SEAdude wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:13 pm Do you know any "reputable" visa agencies in SR? Lemme know!
Worth a try at least!
I don't know any competent Visa agents, they're all good at the basics such as facilitating Visa Extensions of Stay and WP's etc., but absolutely clueless about actual Immigration policies and procedures.

The most "reputable" that I know of in Siem Reap is the one I mentioned in my previous comment, Easy Travel & Tours...

https://www.facebook.com/easytravelandt ... tid=ZbWKwL
Freebirdzz
Expatriate

Post by Freebirdzz »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 2:02 pm
Freebirdzz wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:58 pm This insistence on a police report to replace a lost passport is bullsh*t. Why can’t the citizen just attest to his embassy that it was lost? There’s really no crime to report, this is a waste of police resources and an unnecessary burden on the citizen to require such jumping through hoops
The police report is for the Cambodian Department of Immigration.
Do the US embassy and other embassies not require a police report before issuing a new passport? I stand corrected then.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic