Ownership card for moto

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Ownership card for moto

Post by daeum_tnaot »

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but is there any solution to a second hand motor bike that has a license plate but not a card?

I'm not sure what it's called in English but it's a small registration card.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Ownership card for moto

Post by phuketrichard »

chance it could be stolen if no Card
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:35 pm I'm sure this question has been asked before, but is there any solution to a second hand motor bike that has a license plate but not a card?

If it's in the name of the current owner then there's a process that person can go through to have a duplicate card issued.

If it's not the only solution is do not stop for traffic pigs

Also a no card bike should be 50/60% cheaper at least than a bike with valid registration
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:56 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:35 pm I'm sure this question has been asked before, but is there any solution to a second hand motor bike that has a license plate but not a card?

If it's in the name of the current owner then there's a process that person can go through to have a duplicate card issued.

Also a no card bike should be 50/60% cheaper at least than a bike with valid registration
Yeah, I think that's right. And I guess also, if the current owner still knows the person whose name the card and license plate are in, they could also ask them or pay them something to go and get a new one?

Is there any way to use the license plate number to find out whose name it's registered in?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:11 pm

Yeah, I think that's right. And I guess also, if the current owner still knows the person whose name the card and license plate are in, they could also ask them or pay them something to go and get a new one?

Is there any way to use the license plate number to find out whose name it's registered in?
You can run the plate on the ministry of public works and transits website iirc
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

In the US name is Vehicle Title.
Boredom is like a shroud
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:24 pm
daeum_tnaot wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:11 pm

You can run the plate on the ministry of public works and transits website iirc

Thank you Jerry Atrick. I don't see it on their website but could be a good feature in the future.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic