Westerner Savagely Attacks Man for Late Wine Delivery

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Westerner Savagely Attacks Man for Late Wine Delivery

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

@Spigzy
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): An online delivery man suffered a broken head and bleeding wounds when a foreign man bashed his head against the window of a car, causing it to shatter.
This happened at 9:20 pm on March 17, 2023 in front of De Castle Royal condominium located at N°34,36 on Street 288 in Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang I, Khan Boeung Keng Kang, Phnom Penh.
According to the victim who is an online delivery man, before the incident, a foreign man ordered a case of ten bottles of wine to be delivered to the condo in Boeung Keng Kang district. But when the driver brought the ten bottles of wine to the front of the condo, the foreigner came outside and shouted agressively at the online courier, accusing him of being two minutes late.

Then a fight broke out, where the foreigner grabbed the delivery man and smashed his head against the window of a car parked near the scene, causing it to break. The online delivery man was bleeding from the head, but the fight continued until the authorities of Boeung Keng Kang district came to break it up.
The local authorities then detained the foreign man and the courrier and took them both to the administrative police station in Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang I for further questioning. After the police interrogation, the unnamed western man, who was the perpetrator, agreed to pay damages to the injured victim.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Westerner Savagely Attacks Man for Late Wine Delivery

Post by Jerry Atrick »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:33 pm Image
@Spigzy
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): An online delivery man suffered a broken head and bleeding wounds when a foreign man bashed his head against the window of a car, causing it to shatter.
This happened at 9:20 pm on March 17, 2023 in front of De Castle Royal condominium located at N°34,36 on Street 288 in Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang I, Khan Boeung Keng Kang, Phnom Penh.
According to the victim who is an online delivery man, before the incident, a foreign man ordered a case of ten bottles of wine to be delivered to the condo in Boeung Keng Kang district. But when the driver brought the ten bottles of wine to the front of the condo, the foreigner came outside and shouted agressively at the online courier, accusing him of being two minutes late.

Then a fight broke out, where the foreigner grabbed the delivery man and smashed his head against the window of a car parked near the scene, causing it to break. The online delivery man was bleeding from the head, but the fight continued until the authorities of Boeung Keng Kang district came to break it up.
The local authorities then detained the foreign man and the courrier and took them both to the administrative police station in Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang I for further questioning. After the police interrogation, the unnamed western man, who was the perpetrator, agreed to pay damages to the injured victim.
Fucking scousers...

Although that delivery guy has the typical tache of somebody who needs putting through a window so perhaps there's more to this boozy tale
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Used the blokes head to smash a window, but instead of taking the delivery guy to a doctor, they detained him for questioning.

Sometimes, Cambodia really needs to get its priorities sorted out.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

With a fuse as short as that I wonder if that guy has previous form.
We need a name so 'someone' can check him out.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

foreign man, Liverpool shirt, bald head, drunk, treating a humble delivery man like shit. Just disgusting. Such incidents do fall back on all of us.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

To the tune of You Are My Sunshine - all together now!

You are a scouser!
A dirty scouser!
Your Dad's out stealing,
Your Mum's drug dealing
Please don't take,
my hubcaps away!
RONEV
Expatriate

Post by RONEV »

Username Taken wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:40 pm With a fuse as short as that I wonder if that guy has previous form.
We need a name so 'someone' can check him out.
I know just the guy to do that!

Unfortunately, he appears to be English.

DeCastle Royal is a Luxury Condominium building and if he ordered ten bottles of wine, he must have money.

I'd recommend moving this from newsworthy to general chatter and adding a snappier title like "Bald white guy in Liverpool shirt bashes delivery man's head into car window"

The more people who see this, the better chance of getting a name.
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

Why the do you want his name?
Last edited by Gary Small on Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

What an asshole. Shouldn't have been allowed to pay his way out, should have been charged with assault, locked up and deported after serving his term.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Alex wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:05 pm What an asshole. Shouldn't have been allowed to pay his way out, should have been charged with assault, locked up and deported after serving his term.

I can't think of any country that deports people for common assault

I wouldn’t encourage it to become a thing
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic