Westerner Savagely Attacks Man for Late Wine Delivery

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Westerner Savagely Attacks Man for Late Wine Delivery

Post by Ghostwriter »

techietraveller84 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:38 am Once you leave the West, it always becomes a big deal when a foreigner commits a crime...
Yeah, because hosts & guests

I would be mad if my guest punched me for being slightly late serving him a drink. Wouldn't you ?
I'd punch him out, to be never invited again for sure.
engexpat
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by engexpat »

Grand Barong wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:51 pm Pommie dickhead behaving badly, An all too common occurrence throughout SEA.
Gives the few decent ones a bad name. I'd like to think the compensation paid to the young guy was hefty & a nice little pay day for his troubles to serve as a deterrent to him and other scouser scumbags in the kingdom.
obviously a stupid aussie that still doesnt know the meaning of pommie and the fact you rent the land you claim to be from and are now in cambodia because australia wont pay you enough pension to live there cos you have done your job of being the aboriginal's bitch
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

engexpat wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:56 pm
Grand Barong wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:51 pm Pommie dickhead behaving badly, An all too common occurrence throughout SEA.
Gives the few decent ones a bad name. I'd like to think the compensation paid to the young guy was hefty & a nice little pay day for his troubles to serve as a deterrent to him and other scouser scumbags in the kingdom.
obviously a stupid aussie that still doesnt know the meaning of pommie and the fact you rent the land you claim to be from and are now in cambodia because australia wont pay you enough pension to live there cos you have done your job of being the aboriginal's bitch
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

engexpat wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:56 pm
Stupid Aussie? lol.. Just read your train wreck story of your life in Cambodia... people in glass houses :lol:
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

In fairness there is not shortage of dickheads from all countries in SẼ Asia. Why the fuck aren’t they closing down the boilerhouses who’s employees are on the same level as kiddy fiddlers. Lock the lot up and throw away the key cunts
highrider
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by highrider »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:26 pm
Alex wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:05 pm What an asshole. Shouldn't have been allowed to pay his way out, should have been charged with assault, locked up and deported after serving his term.

I can't think of any country that deports people for common assault

I wouldn’t encourage it to become a thing
ROFL. I'm pretty sure MANY countries deport foreigners for common assault, especially in this region. A foreigner assaulting a local is a deportable offense in countries like Cambodia and Thailand. Only way to avoid it is if the assault didn't result in very serious injuries, a large cash payout is made to the victim and the case doesn't go before court.

I don't think this barang has much of a future left in Cambodia, even if allowed to stay.
highrider
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by highrider »

Splashback wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:36 pm I don't think that Nham drivers head went through that window. No blood I can see, no glass in his face, windows are hard to smash (outside here...), Etc. More likely hit with a fist and a bottle smashed that window, in my opinion.

Anyway, fuck that useless cunt back home after a jail sentence, if this is what has occured. Perhaps the Nham guy struck first, which complicated things?

On another note, I disagree with Jerry Atrick here. I'm sure people in tourist visas are deported on common assault all the time within the region. But likely common assault is not the true translation.

This appears to be an annoyed customer shoving the head of a slow delivery person through a car window. If cops allow barang to do that, then the sector is doomed 😂.
Foreigners in GENERAL are deported on common assault all the time, doesn't matter what visa they're on. Unless you've become a citizen, there's always a risk of being deported and blacklisted if accused (and convicted) of any crime. The authorities are losing their tolerance for foreigners committing crimes all over the region - from Thailand cracking down on illegal foreign workers (also in Bali, often they're Russians) to Cambodia making an example of tourists who blatantly disrespect their customs, such as taking pictures while naked at religious or historic sites.
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

Tip for you Ozzies who neglect your vast 200 yr history. POME. Stands for prisoner of mother England so guess who is the Pomee here.i am mother England .oh shit Ozzies are Pomies and winge to much. Used to start alot of fights.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

highrider wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:06 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:26 pm
Alex wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:05 pm What an asshole. Shouldn't have been allowed to pay his way out, should have been charged with assault, locked up and deported after serving his term.

I can't think of any country that deports people for common assault

I wouldn’t encourage it to become a thing
ROFL. I'm pretty sure MANY countries deport foreigners for common assault, especially in this region. A foreigner assaulting a local is a deportable offense in countries like Cambodia and Thailand. Only way to avoid it is if the assault didn't result in very serious injuries, a large cash payout is made to the victim and the case doesn't go before court.

I don't think this barang has much of a future left in Cambodia, even if allowed to stay.
Can you show a single instance of when a forigener has been deported from Cambodia for common assault????

Or are you just "pretty sure"
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Go assault an Oknya or his wife or kids.
Preferably high level near Ironman’s inner circle.

Guaranteed jail then deportation.
Or just beaten to a pulp and body then sent to the local pagoda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic