New Vietnam draft law to offer 3-month e-visa

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Re: New Vietnam draft law to offer 3-month e-visa

Post by ExPenhMan »

Meanwhile, ZERO news on the VN visa law amendments. They were supposed to be discussed at the National Assembly June 2, but here it is, 12 days later and not a peep. I scan 7-8 VN news sites every day. I suppose northern power shortages is more a important issue.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

visa free entry be great, just got back from Japan n want to head back there again, cheapest route there from Sydney is through vietjet, doing 3 nights in Saigon each side would be the best way to do such a trip
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Finally, a speck of light shines on the visa amendments. This week is the last working week for the current National Assembly. The original sked said the visa amendments will be approved next Saturday, June 24. Today's sked confirms the visa plan (hopes?). But nothing else was detailed.
Hanoi (VNA) – The National Assembly (NA) will pass several laws and resolutions during the last working week of its fifth sitting from June 19-24.

Accordingly, the legislature is expected to approve the amended Law on Price, the amended Law on Cooperatives, the Law on Civil Defence, the amended Law on Protection of Consumer Rights, the amended Law on Electronic Transactions, the Law amending and supplementing some articles of the Law on Public Security, the revised Law on Bidding, the Law amending and supplementing some articles of the Law on Exit and Entry of Vietnamese Citizens, and the Law on amendments to a number of articles of the Law on Foreigners' Entry into, Exit from, Transit through, and Residence in Vietnam.
https://en.vietnamplus.vn/15th-nas-5th- ... 254873.vnp
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Set your mental timers for Aug. 15. The Vietnam National Assembly has approved the 3-month multiple-entry e-visa.

However, it is still unknown whether the number of nationalities has been expanded for the e-visa service or what the fee will be. I expect more details will be forthcoming, as the VN Express story is fairly bare bones. VN Express is usually first with visa news. No other news site was reporting on this yet. Probably dribble out on the weekend.

Headline: National Assembly approves extension of e-visa validity to 3 months

The National Assembly on Saturday agreed to extend the validity of e-visas from 30 days to a maximum of three months and allow multiple entry to boost tourism recovery.

The National Assembly, Vietnam’s highest legislative body, passed amendments to the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam by a majority of 95.14%, with 470 out of 475 lawmakers voting in favor.

The amended law will take effect from August 15 this year.

Under the amended law, Vietnam will also triple to 45 days of the duration of visa-free stays for tourists from certain countries who now enjoy a 15-day waiver.
A few more background details at link:

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/travel/nat ... 21230.html
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

With the current single-entry 30-day eVisa, you have to tell them where you arrive when you apply. Hopefully they'll have the good sense to make the upcoming multi-entry visa more flexible, and allow you to arrive anywhere at least for subsequent entries.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Alex wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 11:47 am With the current single-entry 30-day eVisa, you have to tell them where you arrive when you apply. Hopefully they'll have the good sense to make the upcoming multi-entry visa more flexible, and allow you to arrive anywhere at least for subsequent entries.
I have never understood the need to say where you will first arrive. Wherever you arrive, you are logged into the immigration system and, bingo!, they know where you are.

I hope they have a robust e-visa computer centre because I believe it will be super busy at the start. VN might also get a rush of bookings for the northern hemisphere winter season.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Voice of Vietnam reports they are working on a list of nationalities who will be eligible for the e-visa. Otherwise, not much else said.

Headline: National Assembly agrees to extend e-visa validity to 90 days
During their visa validity, foreigners can enter and exit Vietnam multiple times, without having to go through new visa procedures.

The Government has been assigned to decide on the list of countries and territories, and the list of international border gates allowing foreigners to enter and exit by e-visas.

The National Assembly also allowed citizens of countries that are unilaterally exempted from visas by Vietnam to be granted temporary residence for 45 days as opposed to the current 15 day regulations and be considered for visa issuance and temporary residence extension according to regulations.

https://english.vov.vn/en/politics/dome ... 028374.vov
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

It will be interesting to what the qualifications will be for a turn-around and reenter the country after 3-months. In-out border run, or a period outside the country.

Sent from my SM-T570 using Tapatalk

ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Not a grain of info on the new VN 90-day e-visa policy, which was approved June 24 and takes effect tomorrow, Aug. 15. Back in March 2022, VN didn't release any info on the reinstatement of the 30-day e-visa until a day or two after the effective date.

However, the VN gov just issued a barely useful graphic today. Hopefully there will be more info tomorrow.

https://en.baochinhphu.vn/infographic-v ... 109706.htm

The gov e-visa page still only lists the 30-day visa.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/g ... g-chu-ttdt
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

MAYBE a little off-topic, mods, if so, create new topic ??
I am looking to do some "long-visa-run" around november and considering to go to Vung Tau for 2 weeks, or going to Pattaya ?? I have never been in VN and like to know it, i was last X-mas a couple of days in Pattaya, i know TH in fact only from 2 trips: in 2021 i did 103 days sandbox program in Phuket and las december i crossed it from Malay to KH border by car in 2 weeks. But VN is a black hole for me. If i would go to Vung Tau, fly or drive is hardly difference in time if coming from PP i understood ?? If fly, bus from airport to VT ?? If go by bus to HCMC, take ferry to VT ?? Plenty of options, hard to choose !! And how is nightlife in VT, compared with PP or SR ?? Any tips welcome !!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic