Non-collateral small loan provider

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
gentlesandah
Tourist
Myanmar

Non-collateral small loan provider

Post by gentlesandah »

Are there businesses which offer loans of less than 1000USD for short periods for expats who recently arrived in Phnom Penh?

I arrived in Cambodia two weeks ago. When I was preparing to come here, I was planned to stay at the type of accommodation where locals stay. My company arranged for me and a colleague at a nearby apartment. However, my colleague was sacked by the company and the apartment is asking for charges which I did not foresee. I have paid all the money that I have but it looks as if I need about 500USD which I can pay back in installments of three months. I earn a 1000+ salary and have the employment contract and staff ID. The company is currently applying for a six month business visa and a work permit. If there is any business I can contact please let me know.

I am also open to informal creditors. I can produce all the necessary documents if needed.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Non-collateral small loan provider

Post by Alex »

I doubt it. If you decide to dash to the border tomorrow for whatever reason, they would have no hope to get their money back.
mi1
Expatriate
Belarus

Post by mi1 »

U can try this service.. https://komjey.com but i doubt they agree to loan any money to you
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

gentlesandah wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:22 pm Are there businesses which offer loans of less than 1000USD for short periods for expats who recently arrived in Phnom Penh?

I arrived in Cambodia two weeks ago. When I was preparing to come here, I was planned to stay at the type of accommodation where locals stay. My company arranged for me and a colleague at a nearby apartment. However, my colleague was sacked by the company and the apartment is asking for charges which I did not foresee. I have paid all the money that I have but it looks as if I need about 500USD which I can pay back in installments of three months. I earn a 1000+ salary and have the employment contract and staff ID. The company is currently applying for a six month business visa and a work permit. If there is any business I can contact please let me know.

I am also open to informal creditors. I can produce all the necessary documents if needed.
If some Cambodian lends you this money it will be at a 50$ per day (or so) interest fee because it's considered high risk.
High risk 100$ local loans here typically cost 5$ a day.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Is there any chance the school would advance your salary or percentage of it. I am assuming they are happy with your performance and it was only your colleague who was not up to scratch?
RONEV
Expatriate

Post by RONEV »

"and the apartment is asking for charges which I did not foresee. "

What charges? Are you on the hook for the full rent now instead of splitting it with a roommate?
RONEV
Expatriate

Post by RONEV »

Duplicate
Last edited by RONEV on Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RONEV
Expatriate

Post by RONEV »

oops
Last edited by RONEV on Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

You moved to a new job in a new country without $1000 in available cash reserves?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Bluenose wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:07 pm You moved to a new job in a new country without $1000 in available cash reserves?
Doesn’t everyone?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic