Air Quality in SE Asia ;-(

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Air Quality in SE Asia ;-(

Post by phuketrichard »

Glad i'm down South

Satellite map of Southeast Asia clearing showing who is causing the worst pollution due to open fires. Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia are the worst with Thailand not far behind them.

Southern Thailand, Northern Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia are all looking good.

He doesn’t mention the large scale agro businesses and animal farmers that donate to his party and are at the end of the supply chain.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Air Quality in SE Asia ;-(

Post by John Bingham »

Screen shots like this are useless. The size of the pixels makes it look like the whole region is on fire. Meanwhile if you zoom in on the app you would notice that the points/ fires are often small and isolated.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Wod
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Wod »

It's still better than Los Angeles.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:36 am Image

Screen shots like this are useless. The size of the pixels makes it look like the whole region is on fire. Meanwhile if you zoom in on the app you would notice that the points/ fires are often small and isolated.

Looks ok to me. And one of those red dots was probably the car dealership that caught light. post585782.html#p585782

https://firms.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/ma ... 9,11.6,13z
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Reminds me of the map of the US secret and illegal bombing on Cambodia during the Vietnam war, in an attempt to disrupt the North Vietnamese supply trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:48 pm
John Bingham wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:36 am Image

Looks ok to me. And one of those red dots was probably the car dealership that caught light. post585782.html#p585782

https://firms.modaps.eosdis.nasa.gov/ma ... 9,11.6,13z
For me it looks if the streets 130 and 136 have more or less the cleanest air from SE-ASIA;
Hallelujaahh, next time is go their it will be to take care of my health !!!
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

jah steu wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:22 pm Reminds me of the map of the US secret and illegal bombing on Cambodia during the Vietnam war, in an attempt to disrupt the North Vietnamese supply trails.

The bombing was not illegal, the US got the blessing for the king.
Boredom is like a shroud
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Wod wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:49 am It's still better than Los Angeles.
No it's not, at least not Today...
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic