Chinese Monk Arrested for Refusing to Accept Small Donation

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chinese Monk Arrested for Refusing to Accept Small Donation

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Chinese monk arrested as he refused small donation

Mondolkiri: On 20/ June/2015, a Chinese monk was collecting alms from people, he asked people to donate from 10000 riel to 20000 riel and they will be given a beads bracelet. However, people didn’t donate up to amount he proposed. They just donated some small money, but the Chinese monk refused to take it. Therefore the local authority arrested him for questioning. This happened in the center of Senmonorom city, Mondolkiri province.

This Chinese monk has been seen walking around and collecting alms a few days ago in the above area. People wondered why he didn’t accept small donation.
http://kohsantepheapdaily.com.kh/article/122492.html
Engrish
Spoiler:
China detained monks 1 questioned as suffixes not accept
Enter the text: Sun.

Saturday, 20 June 2015 11:16

Kiri: There is a shocking incident earlier on June 20, 2015, as a Chinese monk walked Ben baht from citizens requirements demanded by the suffix from 1 thousand to 2 thousand riel will get the beads while people put less suffix monk not accepted at the roundabout Senmonorom bison in enforcement cases were arrested came and asked Post again. The first step in unidentified priest, yet, while the authorities are waiting for an interpreter. Chinese monks that they always see people spotted walking Ben geographic baht in the top 2-3. And what they also wondered why the suffix is not accepted?
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Re: Chinese monk arrested as he refused small donation

Post by vladimir »

Jao!
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
6EQUJ5
Expatriate

Post by 6EQUJ5 »

I'm not a fan of the fake monks but is refusing a small donation really an arrestable offense?
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

If this is the guy I think it is, let them hang him, he's an aggressive cunt who used to hang out at the riverside.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
BOFH
Expatriate

Post by BOFH »

6EQUJ5 wrote:I'm not a fan of the fake monks but is refusing a small donation really an arrestable offense?
Monks have to accept any offer.
vladimir wrote:If this is the guy I think it is, let them hang him, he's an aggressive cunt who used to hang out at the riverside.
It's totally him.

hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I had a run-in with this cnut and agree: let him have whatever is coming his way.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

6EQUJ5 wrote:I'm not a fan of the fake monks but is refusing a small donation really an arrestable offense?
Anything is an arrestable offense if they want to get you, I think the guys in Sihanouk ville know that :lol:

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

yeah its the same guy who tried selling my mate a bracelet for a donation, my mate gave him a couple of dollars, he took it out his pot and demanded $5, i told him to piss off! this was down 172 early evening lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Too good - monk arrested for asking too much money. Only in Cambodia. Well done.
(You don't ask, you accept what is given.)

And I'm sure I've seen him on 172.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

"Beggars can't be choosers."

I guess that's a law here. Image
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic