US Social Security payments suspended

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: US Social Security payments suspended

Post by Kenr »

Actually there are only five (5) numbers in the zip code. The +4 is not necessary, it’s just an add on to make it more efficient for the delivery service.
JosephLarrybradley
Tourist
United States of America

Post by JosephLarrybradley »

Matty9999 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:25 am Hey what was the reason for the suspension?
I ask exactly that question. I only get a "maybe" you didn't answer.. and they never say for sure... WHY and I ask again..

Seems like a Citizen at least deserves an exact answer.

Had this problem in 2017 American Embassy Cambodia helped... Yes I know now they don't help Americans

Tell you for sure I got no notice for years 2018,2019,2020,2021 or 2022. and my payments were not stopped.

The form has a space for "day time working hours.." phone. If I don't have a phone or miss a call, payments stopped?

Who's day time??
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

JosephLarrybradley wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:37 am
Matty9999 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:25 am Hey what was the reason for the suspension?
I ask exactly that question. I only get a "maybe" you didn't answer.. and they never say for sure... WHY and I ask again..

Had this problem in 2017 American Embassy Cambodia helped... Yes I know now they don't help Americans

Tell you for sure I got no notice for years 2018,2019,2020,2021 or 2022. and my payments were not stopped.

The form has a space for "day time working hours.." phone. If I don't have a phone or miss a call, payments stopped?

Who's day time??
It will be their daytime working hours - wherever the message came from - Manila, was it?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Cambodia's Postal Codes were changed to 6 digits several years ago. You can find the current and correct post codes on the official Cambodia Post website...

https://cambodiapost.com.kh/en/page/postal-codes
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

They really need to get with the times...still using paper mail, without the option for some form of electronic (ie. email) submission, in this day and age is mental
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

SS manila auto reposnse to every email they receive;

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Thank you for contacting the Federal Benefits Unit at the U.S. Embassy in Manila. Due to public health measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the Philippines, operations in the Federal Benefits Unit may be limited; however, we typically respond to inquiries within 15 business days. We respectfully request that you avoid sending multiple emails, as this may cause further delays.

Thank you for contacting the Federal Benefits Unit. We typically respond to email inquiries within 15 business days. Answers to many Frequently Asked Questions are available online so we encourage you to visit our website before contacting our office.

Social Security Administration – Fedderal Benefits Unit
Embassy of the United States of America | Manila, Philippines
Inquiry Line: +63-2-5301-2000 (After selecting your preferred language, press 3 for Social Security/Federal Benefits.)
Telephone Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays - 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM (Manila Time), except U.S. and Philippine Holidays
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
JosephLarrybradley
Tourist
United States of America

Post by JosephLarrybradley »

Who's day time??
violet wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:16 pm

Who's day time??
It will be their daytime working hours - wherever the message came from - Manila, was it?
Yes the message came from Manila and I believe you are correct.

I should be free to have NO phone and NO guaranteed mailing address.

What if I'm living one guest house after the next I have to send a new form for every one? The phone? Why am I required to have a phoner number available for the SS to call me for the purpose of me proving life.

This could all be done with more certainty.

Maybe something like.. send a form once a year, " I'm living in Cambodia.."

There is one guy says he got paper mail to a post office in Cambodia. He didn't say if he had to set something up with the post office and then he checks?? He did NOT say that the post office delivers mail which is one of my main points.

The same person says his form goes back to U.S. Must be some reason.. Maybe he's on SSI disability and not retirement.

Have met a few more Americans Retired in Cambodia.. they all deal with Manila for SS.

IF some piece of mail were received by Cambodia post office, it would need to have a phone number as part of the address and you would be called..
There is a problem there, I don't think SS sends out mail with your phone number on the envelope.
No one would want to have their phone made known to the public.

This Monday,
It's an anxious feeling trying to get something to work and the rules of the game are opaque.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:00 am They really need to get with the times...still using paper mail, without the option for some form of electronic (ie. email) submission, in this day and age is mental
its the democratic goovernment , wait awhile for trump and he will unfuck this current mess
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
schlarry
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by schlarry »

pissontheroof wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:06 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:00 am They really need to get with the times...still using paper mail, without the option for some form of electronic (ie. email) submission, in this day and age is mental
its the democratic goovernment , wait awhile for trump and he will unfuck this current mess
If I'm not mistaken under his oversight, he used the same system?

Bureaucracy is not a partisan problem, it's a structural one; too many civil servants that have jobs and processes created to keep them employed, not to maximise services
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

pissontheroof wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:06 am
Just like last time you mean?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic