Foreigners Try to Assist Man Who was Hacked Nearly to Death

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Foreigners Try to Assist Man Who was Hacked Nearly to De

Post by General Mackevili »

Samouth wrote:
i think i have to have a tiger balm in my pocket every time i go out with friends, so when i see expats have traffic accident, at least i can use tiger balm to help relieve their pain instead of just walking around and looking at the victim. :ROFL2: :ROFL:
Haha, noooooooo!

If you see me laid out, stay the fuck away! :evil:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

General Mackevili wrote:
Samouth wrote:
i think i have to have a tiger balm in my pocket every time i go out with friends, so when i see expats have traffic accident, at least i can use tiger balm to help relieve their pain instead of just walking around and looking at the victim. :ROFL2: :ROFL:
Haha, noooooooo!

If you see me laid out, stay the fuck away! :evil:
Come one GM, This is what you asked for. I think you should now have realised that you have lived in Cambodia too long. You started to think like Cambodian. Instead of asking people to call for ambulance, you asked us to apply tiger balm on you. :facepalm:

Make sure you only ask one person to call for ambulance, otherwise there would be more than one ambulance come to pick you up as the one who call for ambulance will get commission from the driver or hospital, i am not sure.

This is how thing runs in Cambodia. :)
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Samouth wrote: I think you should now have realised that you have lived in Cambodia too long.
What do you mean? He lives in Saudi Arabia.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

John Bingham wrote:
What do you mean? He lives in Saudi Arabia.
I would say I "work" in Saudi. Nobody should call this "living," LoL.

I'll see you in a few weeks.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

General Mackevili wrote:
Samouth wrote:I know that most of foreigners thought that posting such gross pictures and video on facebook or whatever is really unacceptable, however there is good side to it.
I personally have no problem with people documenting/filming fucked up things in the world, UNLESS the person filming could be helping the person in distress. That's where I see a problem.

So if you see someone drowning, and instead of doing something to help, you just start filming, that's fucked up.

And if/when I have a nasty motorboat accident and laid out in the middle of the street, I'd rather have the Cambodian rubber-neckers stand there filming than try to "help" by sitting me up, rubbing tiger balm on me and making sure my neck and all my other joints can move.

One late night I drove up to a small crowd of people around a dude on the road who I thought was dead laying next to his moto.

They obviously didn't know what do to. A few looked at me, like I was going to be able to do emergency surgery on the spot.

One guy was on the phone, and it was clear he was calling a hospital or something.

Him and his buddies where just about to try and get him up, and you could tell the person on the other end was like, "STOP! DON'T DO THAT. DON'T MOVE HIM AND JUST WAIT FOR THE AMBULANCE."

They stopped instantly. Maybe saved his life, who knows.
+1 :thumb:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I used to live on MTT near Phsar Deumkor, almost opposite Chenla Theater. This was before the road divider had been installed.

Almost every night there was an accident, and people would just stand gawking.

One night an accident happened and we were nearby. There were 2 cops standing around with the gawkers, and there was a guy lying under a moto busy having his leg fried by the exhaust.

I lifted the bike and asked a guy to help me move him.

Cannot! I asked the cops to help, they just laughed.

Strange, very strange.

However, when some moron rear-ended me on 271, this old guy and his wife immediately came over and gave me their jar of tiger balm, it was quite touching, and it made me laugh, which was the best medicine at the time.

There are a lot of good people in the country, don't forget it.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic