Cambodian Beer - Hangover Material

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Cambodian Beer - Hangover Material

Post by Kenr »

I’ve been drinking Cambodia beer since I got here, no can, about 90% bottle, draft when it’s stupid cheap. Never suffered from a hangover, but always bloated. I don’t drink hard liquor, but about a week ago I switched to Malibu/Coke, so not really hard liquor. I drank seven (7) one night in less than 3 hours and didn’t feel bloated at all the next morning, but also had about 1/2 the effect as the same amount of beers, but of course it’s only 1/2 the amount of drink. I’m sticking to Malibu/Coke from here on out.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:27 am
Or am I just a hopeless over-the-hill piss artist that can't hack it anymore?
The local girls put a few ice cubes in their beer.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:27 am I just returned from the Philippines and my beer of choice was San Miguel Light, 5% alcohol.

8 x SML = no hangover in the morning. Even with a couple of G&T's or a glass of wine, I was fine after breakfast.

Yesterday I had 8 x Cambodia draft over about 5 hours and one glass of wine and feel like shit this morning. I can't help feeling Cambodia beer is toxic, and it's not just the alcohol content. Had anyone else switched to an imported beer and noticed such a change?

Or am I just a hopeless over-the-hill piss artist that can't hack it anymore?
Never had a hangover after Beer Lao. The best brew of SEA.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Malone
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Malone »

I have much less problems with Cambodian beer, than with Thai beer.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Malone wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:19 pm I have much less problems with Cambodian beer, than with Thai beer.
Chang is Satan's piss if Satan had a UTI
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Kenr wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:51 pm I’ve been drinking Cambodia beer since I got here, no can, about 90% bottle, draft when it’s stupid cheap. Never suffered from a hangover, but always bloated. I don’t drink hard liquor, but about a week ago I switched to Malibu/Coke, so not really hard liquor. I drank seven (7) one night in less than 3 hours and didn’t feel bloated at all the next morning, but also had about 1/2 the effect as the same amount of beers, but of course it’s only 1/2 the amount of drink. I’m sticking to Malibu/Coke from here on out.
Malibu and Coke..what a horrible idea. Strange taste you have with all my respect.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

truffledog wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:54 pm
Kenr wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:51 pm I’ve been drinking Cambodia beer since I got here, no can, about 90% bottle, draft when it’s stupid cheap. Never suffered from a hangover, but always bloated. I don’t drink hard liquor, but about a week ago I switched to Malibu/Coke, so not really hard liquor. I drank seven (7) one night in less than 3 hours and didn’t feel bloated at all the next morning, but also had about 1/2 the effect as the same amount of beers, but of course it’s only 1/2 the amount of drink. I’m sticking to Malibu/Coke from here on out.
Malibu and Coke..what a horrible idea. Strange taste you have with all my respect.
Coconut, it’s not as bad as it sounds.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I haven't drunk Cambodia or Angkor beer for years. Not that I'm much of a drinker anyway, but they both used to give me horrific hangovers.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic