robbed

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

robbed

Post by frank lee bent »

had a break in last night and my wallet is gone from my pocket right next to my bed.
penniless in Phnom Penh.
anyone wanting to buy gems or gem set silver jewellery at below my cost- here is your chance.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: robbed

Post by Cam Nivag »

Someone came into your room while you were asleep? That's scary.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

indeed. broke a steel grille to get in
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Now that you have a big yard, maybe time to get some dogs or geese.

Don't forget the electric fence.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

frank lee bent wrote:indeed. broke a steel grille to get in
You didn't hear that? Had you been out drinking with the Buffalo Sister guy?
Barang_doa_slae
The Dark Horse
Cambodia

Post by Barang_doa_slae »

Happened to me in PP long long time ago. You are very lucky not to have waken up, the thief being high and shit scared usually holds a knife or a screw driver on the ready would the human being beside the wallet open his eyes.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Happened to me three times in a year in Ha Noi. Sleeping on the first floor whilst the robbers went through the ground floor. Never heard a thing what with the A/C going.

Very scary thought but in retrospect I am happy I did not wake up because of that aforementioned knife or screwdriver.

I always thought electric fences like you see them all over South Africa would be a bestseller here but I am not sure if they are legal.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I made a thread back in January with a similar incident happening to me. Only I woke up and ran after the guy. A bad decision in retrospect, but I sleep lightly. It's surprising how quiet they can be. They're fully alert and all their senses are at maximum capacity while you're slumbering/wake up slowly. They often work in pairs, one bigger guy waiting by the bed, ready to knock you out with a piece of steel or something should you wake up. Sweet dreams!

I have an alarm installed and foreign-bought locks. I still wake up to random noises. Oh yeah, and I have a piece of aluminum next to the bed (pre-load spacer for bikes). Light and nimble to hold, and would hurt a LOT.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

hanno wrote:I always thought electric fences like you see them all over South Africa would be a bestseller here but I am not sure if they are legal.
And they also need electricity, LOL.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

You always keep all your money in your wallet beside the bed, or was this just a massive coincidence that you were robbed when all your money was in the room with you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic