Drugs, how did they help you ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Drugs, how did they help you ?

Post by Dario »

This is Phil Collins on the drums

bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

I wont apologize for wrapping my musical tastes with my drug usage @wedgie bare ends dad but you are obligated to break it down for us out here.

Back to my drug use and what those drugs did for me then and now.

Cocaine was also required in my world, I again chose to excel as soon as I was clear to go forward and do so.

Coke is one of the great drugs, much like Mountain Climbing, Surfing and Skiing are the only true sports, the rest simply just games.

It turns out that coke is addictive psychologically and can be dangerous. Considering those facts, its not ok lately. It's usage allowed me to see ghetto life and also to mingle with wealthy kids with familiar last names when I attended college.

Were it not for cocaine I might have had difficulties dropping meth use like the bad habit that it is years later.

Meth was dogshit for white trash and outlaw bikers where I grew up and was beneath us.

However, I did try it in 1987 when I lost the starter on my Ford Grand Torino in Sparks Nevada on Interstate 80 late winter one night. Forced to hitch, a true doper picked me up and immediately offered me a line of crank. Being 3 hours away from my destination still, I said sure, and I heard my first meth stories from the doper that picked me up. He had been up for 9 days straight and was engaged in a war between himself and various incarnations of the devil. His stories had chapters and locations that Steven Spielberg would have approved of.

Decades later I became aware that meth might be some sort of aphrodisiac and I began taking it so that I might know more.

In all my meth usage I never stayed up more than 2 nites. Never fought the devil and I usually got laid. Meth also required practice and I observed that what sets meth users apart is that ability to remain ethical and basically decent, even when the chips are down.

Do you gentle readers like apples?

How do you like them apples?

............... ......... ......
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

[quote=bossho post_id=583991 but you are obligated to break it down for us out here.

............... ......... ......
[/quote]

You're not talkin to me, are you?
I am in team phuket richard, back in the 80's i moved a lot of merchandise.
Luckily i'm immune. Had a lot of dealings with people from the financial sector, it was indeed a requisite. Meth, Shabu, as it's called in the PI is another thing altogher. Tried it twice. Never got on the wagon.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Dario, right? My @ was at the other guy. I thought I was clear and only used basic subterfuge.

Carry on.
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

Let's take the beatles
Pretty sure they started experimenting with Weed, Pyschedelia, a while before they finally made it to India in search of enlightenment.

Was the music better afterwards?
I'd say yes, but really, it's a matter of of opinion.
Was it more mature? You bet your pussy.
Was it because of the drugs?
If you believe that, i must kindly ask you for patience because i just sold the last bridge i had on sale. Something friendship.
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

On how drugs helped me.
Back in college i was really bad at chemics, (sp)
until i had the glorious idea of producing THC delta 9 in in my bathroom.
Really simple one step synthesis. You need olivetol, (a restricted substance now), and p-9-mentadienol sp, cook it up, that's it. Problem is you also need benzol as dissolvant, very hard to come by, because extremely toxic, cancerogenic, and you need the lab, which is gonna set you back another 3000 USD.

With another simple chemical reaction you can turn the delta 9 into a delta 6, which is water soluble. Think about it!

It never hit the market because i was too poor a college boy,
but i ended up as the best pupil in class.
My teacher was extremely suspicious, thought how does he do it? Must be fraud of some kind.

But it wasn't. THC taught me how to love the molecular level
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

bossho wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:41 am My @ was at the other guy. I thought I was clear and only used basic subterfuge.
Me ?
If so please rephrase it, unclear, thx
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

I've learned that micro-dosing cannabis can aid focus on specific problems/tasks and in ideating creative solutions.
Amphetamines, are useful in relieving tiredness and aiding long work on mundane tasks.
Ayuahasca, Peyote helped me to clearly understand that we are just a small part of a much bigger ecosystem that we rarely 'see' or experience, not apart from it.
Cocaine has helped me confidently move in social circles that I am not normally a part of and comfortable in.
Morphine/Heroin is incredible at relieving not only physical but psychological pain and creates a feeling of peace despite our many problems and shortcomings.

I find in general drugs have helped me understand that there are many perspectives in the world and we mostly perceive only one. Altered states change your perception of reality allowing you to see other versions of the same experience. I am more empathetic because of it.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Ayuahasca, Peyote, and DMT all are on my do list.

thank you!
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Opiates in all forms do, in fact, deliver one from physical pain and they create a pleasant break from samsara like non productive cycles.
The opiate class of drugs can be addictive although not everyone falls victim to that mess, I never did. Done every type under the sun too.

BITD, say about 2009 ish, a dose could be had at Beung Trabek for 10,000 riels for China White. A similar dosage of fentanyl today costs about $10 here in the US.

Benzo classed drugs, xanax, valium, etc also come with a dangerous addiction warning but for some they are a lovely break from neurotic clinging or sleeplessness. I have been lucky with benzo s and they are great a few times a year or so to get rest or to change things up.

Some folks' bodies will not be able to safely do the benzo class without a Dr to supervise and the withdrawl from them can be deadly without proper medical attention.

With benzos and opiates I have enjoyed only the benefits and none of the negatives of physical addiction. Any psychological addictions are best broken by personal choice. It seems to me that some who use these drugs will not have a long window of personal choice and will need medical attention if not extremely vigilant with any usage.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic