Drugs, how did they help you ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Drugs, how did they help you ?

Post by Tootsfriend »

GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Not much help here, some lives lost and damaged though.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Had some quite intriguing revelations on mushrooms, but not completely convinced it would not have happen anyway. I think more than anything it scrambled my brain while having my full focus so that certain interesting thoughts and concepts were able to take shape in the temporary mess.

Still it was my brain doing that, another person on the same dose of the same drug would not have had the same thought processes.

Other than that some drugs have been helpful on a day to day basis, which is not to be completely forgotten even though each day is not a miracle in itself.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

The only non prescription drugs I have taken was a course of oxandrolone and then another time, dynabol (decades ago now). There was no life changing epiphany but my bench press saw a boost.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

It wasn't me, but the toughest guy I ever knew was my roommate in Canada.

He was 6 ft 2 and played A Grade soccer as a fullback.

Careered off the road drink driving. Got stuck in the car. Car caught on fire. He had to cut most of his own leg off with a pocket knife, to escape.

Morphine keep running low.

Resorted to any mind-altering drug going around.

After a long time, he realized that the lows were not worth the highs.

He puts on a brave face, laughs a lot, but he would go silent if anyone brought up the subject of accidents.

It wasn't me, but I saw him live it.

Wish I didn't have to relive it. But it's brought back some good memories.

Est-ce assez juteux pour vous ?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:42 am
phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:29 am The fictional Sherlock Holmes, Cocaine addict. 7% solution

one word;

Moderation
I stand corrected. Thought I read somewhere he had a needle on his bedside table. See what gossip does?!
yes, he used a needle
doesn't mean you take heroin

I can't think of any drug i haven't tried, some more than others
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

some of the best music has been written while beeing high. I am not if some of the songs would be there without drugs

Beatles
Elvis
Pink Floyd
David Bowie
Nirvana
Bob Marley
the list is probably endless
work is for people who cant find truffles
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:20 pm I can't think of any drug i haven't tried, some more than others
Does that include the newer stuff? Interested in first-hand experiences on RC's such as:

2-FMA
2-MMC
2-FDCK
3-CEC
3-CMC
3-MMC
4-CMC
4-FMA
4-F-MPH
5-MAPB
5-MMPA
6-APB
A-PiHP
ED-DB
Hexen
Pentedrone
0-DSMT
0-PCE

Asking for a friend off course.
Last edited by Flexxman on Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Can't say I've ever heard of any of those, but then I lost interest in psychonaut stuff way back.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:53 pm Can't say I've ever heard of any of those, but then I lost interest in psychonaut stuff way back.
Just curious as new names seem to pop-up weekly mimicking more widely known 'traditional' drugs for a fraction of the price.

In the same vein (ha!) new style opioids like Xylazine and Nitazenes as successors to (car)fentanyl. Not interested in trying out but the market seems ever expanding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic