Grandfather Masks Toddler's Murder as Drowning

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Grandfather Masks Toddler's Murder as Drowning

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Siem Reap) : Puok district police have arrested a man who strangled his grandson to death because he was angry with him for playing with a power outlet. Police arrested the man on the morning of February 14, 2023 in Chres village, Lvea commune, Puok district, Siem Reap province.
Colonel Tep Pumsen, Puok District Police Inspector, said that the suspect, named Thmor Krak, 52 years old, beat and killed his grandson at 4:30 pm on February 13, 2023 at his home in Chres village, Puok district, Siem Reap province.
At 18:15 on February 13, 2023, the police received information that there was a case of a 2-year-old child, named Tam Ratana, who had drowned in a pond at Chres village.

Suspecting foul play, the police instructed the family to keep the child's body until the police and doctors could make a post mortem examination.
On the morning of February 14, 2023, the Bureau of Serious Crimes Police and the Bureau of Science and Technology and the medical team, in cooperation with the Puok District Police Force, arrived at the above location to examine the child's body and analyze the scene at the pond.
On examination, it was quickly determined that the toddler had not died from drowning, because he forensic team found that the body was bruised and broken in a number of places; with bruises under the right ear, dislocated shoulder blades, bruises under the right ribs, and a rupture of the anus.

After his arrest, the grandfather confessed that he had killed the little boy because he was angry with him. He caught him playing with a plugged in phone charger, so he beat the kid with the cord, pulled his head around to one side, then roughly lifted him up under the arms and threw him to the ground. When the man saw that the child was no longer breathing, he took the body and dumped it in a nearby pond. Then he acted as if nothing had happened until his wife came home and went loooking for her grandson.

The killer only confessed and described the crime to police once he was confronted by the evidence. He appears to have had no remorse for his act. The only motive was anger.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Grandfather Masks Toddler's Murder as Drowning

Post by Ghostwriter »

Fucking hell... a new low again
I don't even know what i wish him, but something brutal, and long.
Scum, beast.

RIP most innocent one.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Sorry to ask but - rupture of the anus? I know this is naive but - that didn’t happen from strangulation, right?
Maybe from throwing him?
And if not from those, then anger at playing with a power socket is another bullshit cover up
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

violet wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:45 am Sorry to ask but - rupture of the anus? I know this is naive but - that didn’t happen from strangulation, right?
Maybe from throwing him?
Maybe rape that they don't want to mention.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I’m actually amazed at the restraint demonstrated, given that this person can be standing there to be photographed at all.
It’s hard to believe that there were no warning signs about the potential for violence.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

According to Google:
Trauma or injury can stretch the anal canal and create a tear in the lining of the anus. These tears, known as anal fissures, usually come from passing large or hard stools. They can cause pain and bleeding during and after bowel movements.
I'm going to assume the toddler wasn't passing large or hard stools.

Hopefully the other inmates will find out what he did and treat him accordingly.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

RIP poor little darling
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:53 am I’m actually amazed at the restraint demonstrated, given that this person can be standing there to be photographed at all.
It’s hard to believe that there were no warning signs about the potential for violence.
Cambodians tend not to interfere.....

Poor kid.... Another example of the violence looming under the surface in this country.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I would have hoped his parents would have taken notice, but based on a few observations, it seems to come under the ‘not my problem’ category, until such time as it is, by which point it’s too late.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:45 am
violet wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:45 am Sorry to ask but - rupture of the anus? I know this is naive but - that didn’t happen from strangulation, right?
Maybe from throwing him?
Maybe rape that they don't want to mention.
Yes. I didn’t know enough to rule out other possibilities. Possibly the case.

I did see that Khmer Times described it as faeces from the anus - so still a possibility of a mistranslation in the article here.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic