Correlation between IQ and taking the vaccine?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Correlation between IQ and taking the vaccine?

Post by newsgatherer »

canucklhead wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:17 am So where does DIACKWAD fall on the IQ scale?
Carlsberg Draft?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Correlation between extreme OCD and obsession with the vaccine to the exclusion of all other normal interaction.

Post by Freightdog »

I think the question needs modifying

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6300833/

I’ve been quietly (sometimes, not so quietly) comparing some of these obsessive, needy, single repetitive subject threads with some behaviour that I’ve seen among folk that I have worked with over the years.

Little known- we may all be susceptible, especially if there’s no balance in life. The pandemic did take away a lot of balance by virtue of some of the isolationist tactics imposed in the effort to halt the spread.

Some folk have a (sometimes unreasonable) fear of being locked up just like others hate needles, or spiders.
The pandemic not only imposed these things, but made non-compliance a punishable offence, with threat of incarceration as the punishment.

Having spent a large portion of 2020 sequestered in a hotel bedroom, often with not even the barest essentials to make life tolerable, I saw the effects, and felt them to some extent.

I’m moving towards a certain amount of pity and concern for these people who probably need counselling before they descend any deeper into their own personal abyss.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

My guess is all those people raging about rights being taken away didn't spend the pandemic in Cambodia.

When it started I had the choice to go back and sit it out back home, or sit it out in Cambodia. I did the latter and it was an unexpected easy ride compared to other places. Maybe that's what hidden in some of the more positive posts in these threads.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:23 pm My guess is all those people raging about rights being taken away didn't spend the pandemic in Cambodia.

When it started I had the choice to go back and sit it out back home, or sit it out in Cambodia. I did the latter and it was an unexpected easy ride compared to other places. Maybe that's what hidden in some of the more positive posts in these threads.
Many have never been here at all, or at least it doesn't appear so because they don't post on any other topics.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:23 pm My guess is all those people raging about rights being taken away didn't spend the pandemic in Cambodia.

I spent from Jan 2020 to June 2021 in phuket when the BS was at its worst, but it was never that bad, even when the village i lived in was locked down for 2 weeks. We had supermarkets and local market's. The only stupid thing was, they made going to the beach illegal for over 6 months, which i totally ignored> Phuket otherwise was great..... tourist free :-)

spent june 21 till nov in Kep an it was like nothing was going on, except for the absence of tourists.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Correlation between extreme OCD and obsession with the vaccine to the exclusion of all other normal interaction.

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:59 am I think the question needs modifying

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6300833/

I’ve been quietly (sometimes, not so quietly) comparing some of these obsessive, needy, single repetitive subject threads with some behaviour that I’ve seen among folk that I have worked with over the years.

Little known- we may all be susceptible, especially if there’s no balance in life. The pandemic did take away a lot of balance by virtue of some of the isolationist tactics imposed in the effort to halt the spread.

Some folk have a (sometimes unreasonable) fear of being locked up just like others hate needles, or spiders.
The pandemic not only imposed these things, but made non-compliance a punishable offence, with threat of incarceration as the punishment.

Having spent a large portion of 2020 sequestered in a hotel bedroom, often with not even the barest essentials to make life tolerable, I saw the effects, and felt them to some extent.

I’m moving towards a certain amount of pity and concern for these people who probably need counselling before they descend any deeper into their own personal abyss.
It's unfortunate you couldn't come to Kampot .... We lived quite normally throughout the hysteria. We had less than 2 weeks of an 8pm-4am curfew, a very few establishments enforced a QR Code for entry policy and that last only a few months .... When Kep posted police on the highway turning away everyone not Kep residents we In Kampot strolled the riverside unmasked, drank at out favourite sidewalk bars, even the massage houses and brothels remained open, at least the few I frequent .... But I agree with you, I've noticed many who were holed up have gone a little squirrelly... Damn, many are still frightened and calling for the barring of certain nations from entering unless meeting onerous, and in my view, unjust restrictions .... It's a pity, I wonder if some will ever recover and become civil members of the global family again .
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

....When Kep posted police on the highway turning away everyone not Kep residents..

totally untrue<
it was a temp check, no more, no less. They never asked where you lived
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:28 pm ....When Kep posted police on the highway turning away everyone not Kep residents..

totally untrue<
it was a temp check, no more, no less. They never asked where you lived
I'm not a big fan of being called a liar but what you say hasn't really meant diddly squat to me for a very long time .... You were gone for a good part of a year, don't forget ... while during the many road checks at the Kep border yes they were merely checking temps, but there was a short period where visiting Kep was verboten ... Anyone who was here throughout the pandemic who is honest will attest to that ....
It's funny, this is about as close as I've ever seen you defending something in Cambodia .... It's a nice change but try to keep it truthful next time.
La Quenta
Expatriate
Swaziland

Post by La Quenta »

Drizzle wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:01 am
La Quenta wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:13 am
No-Joke-Typing wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:22 pm Can non-vaxxed tefl teachers find work in PP schools?

Are they still checking for vaccine cards?

Pfizer admitted that the so called "vaccine" does not "stop the spread"
so what is the point of it?
Haha
Keeps deaths and hospitalizations way down, which in turn stops health systems collapsing.

Covid 19 is a 'novel virus'. It's a disease which when it broke out saw an unusually high death and hospitalization toll, due to homo sapiens having no prior resistance to it.

Due to its contagion hospitalization rates of the unvaccinated can completely overcome capacity. That means everyone is affected - if you're having a heart attack, have broken your leg playing football, been in a motorbike accident, have an infection.....you might be shit outta luck seeing a qualified medical professional and getting care in time in such circumstances.

You have the above issue for long enough and it has the potential to lead to social collapse. Or political strife, when the mob inevitably turns on the leadership for allowing it to happen.

That's why we had lockdowns and empahsise is continually put on getting vaccinated (which 1000s of global studies from all manner of institutions prove is more than acceptably safe by all modern medical standard. We're talking less than 0.13% chance of an adverse reaction. And much lower still of having a serious adverse reaction)

The anti-vaccine brigade don't understand simple mathematics/statistics, and they certainly don't understand medical science. Nor social science.

If you think Covid vaccines are unusually dangerous you need your head read, because they simply aren't. You are countless times more likely to die on the road in an accident in Phnom Penh over a 20 year span of living there than to die from a Covid vaccine.

I do maintain individuals have the right not to get vaccinated (and Government's worldwide give you that right - so much for the conspiracy theories). But it really is a decision that make no scientific or mathematical sense, and is usually instead based on anecdotes and huge confirmation bias.
Hahahahahahahaahahaha

"I do maintain individuals have the right not to get vaccinated (and Government's worldwide give you that right"

Governments give us the right not to squirt us full of experimental drugs?
Can i steal that joke?

They aren't experimental.

Vaccination was discovered in the 1700's, and mRNA has been under development since the late 1980s.

There have been endless safety studies which prove their safety.
La Quenta
Expatriate
Swaziland

Post by La Quenta »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:46 am
David Gordon wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:59 pm
La Quenta wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:13 am
No-Joke-Typing wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:22 pm Can non-vaxxed tefl teachers find work in PP schools?

Are they still checking for vaccine cards?

Pfizer admitted that the so called "vaccine" does not "stop the spread"
so what is the point of it?
Keeps deaths and hospitalizations way down, which in turn stops health systems collapsing.

Covid 19 is a 'novel virus'. It's a disease which when it broke out saw an unusually high death and hospitalization toll, due to homo sapiens having no prior resistance to it.

Due to its contagion hospitalization rates of the unvaccinated can completely overcome capacity. That means everyone is affected - if you're having a heart attack, have broken your leg playing football, been in a motorbike accident, have an infection.....you might be shit outta luck seeing a qualified medical professional and getting care in time in such circumstances.

You have the above issue for long enough and it has the potential to lead to social collapse. Or political strife, when the mob inevitably turns on the leadership for allowing it to happen.

That's why we had lockdowns and empahsise is continually put on getting vaccinated (which 1000s of global studies from all manner of institutions prove is more than acceptably safe by all modern medical standard. We're talking less than 0.13% chance of an adverse reaction. And much lower still of having a serious adverse reaction)

The anti-vaccine brigade don't understand simple mathematics/statistics, and they certainly don't understand medical science. Nor social science.

If you think Covid vaccines are unusually dangerous you need your head read, because they simply aren't. You are countless times more likely to die on the road in an accident in Phnom Penh over a 20 year span of living there than to die from a Covid vaccine.

I do maintain individuals have the right not to get vaccinated (and Government's worldwide give you that right - so much for the conspiracy theories). But it really is a decision that make no scientific or mathematical sense, and is usually instead based on anecdotes and huge confirmation bias.
That was the original premise - to stop the health care system from becoming overwhelmed - which never happened and - there are not more unvaccinated in ICU - so that argument is old and outdated and everyone knows that.

Many vaxxed have had covid over and over again and love to say - “imagine how much worse it could have been - thank God I’m vaccinated.” Meanwhile the ununvaxxed are experiencing the same symptoms- mostly mild if at all.

The vaccinated now have hyper immunity and seem to get it more than the unvaccinated - and many like me have never had it and if I did I didn’t know I had it but might explain natural immunity.
Seems like you did your research there, but can you tell me how you really feel about vaccines? Not just the recent ones, I'd love to hear your opinions on a wide range of vaccines. Maybe you could write a medical column for us?
I don't think it would be valued by the people that need to hear it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic