"Best of CEO" Thread?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
JoeExpat
Tourist
United States of America

"Best of CEO" Thread?

Post by JoeExpat »

I've been lurking here for the past few weeks gleaning tidbits of wisdom in preparation for my move to Phnom Penh this fall. I have traveled and lived abroad for much of my life, have a job sorted, and am absorbing everything I can from everywhere I can think of in preparation for my transition.

I have enjoyed reading all kinds of posts and comments from all sorts of people here, randomly clicking through suggestions at the bottom of each page and searching keywords or names dropped cryptically in comments.

There is so much to explore here: history and lore of the country and expat life, reminiscing about the good ol' days, the bad ol' days, people these days, characters who have left or passed, inside jokes, feuds, etc.

Sadly, the last couple of days my wanderings haven't uncovered any new veins of gold.

So I thought I'd ask if anyone out there has any epic threads or search terms you'd recommend.

Anything particularly helpful, insightful, contentious, scandalous, or touching that stuck with you after it cycled off the active topics page and into the archives?

Any threads or topics that, when mentioned, make you go "Oh yeah. I remember that. I was there when that went down...that was awesome/f'd up"?

I've got a few in mind that struck me, but I'm new and not even in PP yet so I don't feel like it's my place to contribute to a "best of" on a forum where I am a guest. But I'll keep an eye out, hope this gains some traction, and promise to check out anything that is recommended.

In the meantime, I'll go back to digging in the archives looking for wisdom and dross, and hope to tap into yet another vein of CEO gold.

Thanks in advance. Top blokes, the lot of you!

Cheers,
Joe

PS...You can PM me if you want to share something but don't want to kick up new dust around an old pile of shit...I do love me some hot goss and I am a paragon of discretion.
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be very careful what we pretend to be.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: "Best of CEO" Thread?

Post by General Mackevili »

Whatever you do, don't read this one: asinine-arena-enter-your-own-risk/woman ... 44985.html

And welcome aboard!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

JoeExpat wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:26 pm
Top blokes, the lot of you!
You know you just insulted the entire forum, right?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Please do take this with the humour intended..

It can be a tough audience.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Welcome to Cambodia and CEO!

Come and check out Oscar's on the Corner, on Street 104. Live music every night from 10.30pm - it's fabulous. :)
You'll find me dancing on the dance floor - I'm always happy to share some stories. :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Probably something to do with Jenny or my personal favorite

The crazy redheaded British girl about 4 years back who was fighting in tuktuks and randomly bringing street beggar children into her home
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

anyone who chooses Zappa as an avatar cant be bad

hard to pick out best
but i'd go with any that Gav mac has input
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
JoeExpat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by JoeExpat »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:49 am
JoeExpat wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:26 pm
Top blokes, the lot of you!
You know you just insulted the entire forum, right?
Hahaha! I do! That's actually the first thread I found that I would consider to be a "best of." I was like, "why is this thread 75 pages long? And as I got further into it I found myself talking out loud to my mobile. It just got more and more outrageous. So I creeped that guy's profile name and found out he outdid himself! Pulling a gun at the bar? What?!?!
JoeExpat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by JoeExpat »

Darkcel wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:19 pm Probably something to do with Jenny or my personal favorite

The crazy redheaded British girl about 4 years back who was fighting in tuktuks and randomly bringing street beggar children into her home
That's the stuff right there! I saw references to a Jenny in threads but wasn't sure if it was a thing or not. Will definitely check that out. Not sure how I'll find the crazy redheaded British girl, but it won't be for lack of trying. Much appreciated!
JoeExpat
Tourist
United States of America

Post by JoeExpat »

General Mackevili wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:42 am Whatever you do, don't read this one: asinine-arena-enter-your-own-risk/woman ... 44985.html

And welcome aboard!
Wait--Is this THE Jenny? Thank you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic