German President Arrives on State Visit to Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: German President Arrives on State Visit to Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:34 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:30 pm Germany has a President?
And a chancellor.
Er, yes, I think most people know about tne German Chacellors. Hitler, Adenauer, Brandt, Kohl, Schroeder, Merkel etc.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:16 pm
Londonmail wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:27 pm I think I see him in the honeypot last night... 😁
Maybe the cashier from honeypot tried to scam him also !!! ??

Hitler was austrian by th way !!
Easy now. I think you might be referring to another bar. Honeypot is OK.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

noonoo, i get scammed overthere 2 weeks ago with the joker draw.
Told the manager but he said "i am completely behind my cashier".
Probably he didnt know, and it took some time to find out how she does:
She just puts in your little pot a bill from another guy who payed already, if you dont see it, she gets twice the money and its not in the books, everything in her pocket.
Went to Honeypot at "opening-ceremonie" in 2016 (i think) and always loved it also, but the love is over.
She very quickly "capitulated" about my wrong bill, what is ofcourse another red flag she knew very well what was going on !!
Knever get scammed at Poneytail, where i will go as i always did, but now also on fridays when the jokerdraw is 3 day further . . .
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

German President and First Lady Arrive in Phnom Penh
AKP Phnom Penh, February 14, 2023—
H.E. Frank-Walter Steinmeier, President of the Federal Republic of Germany, and the First Lady Elke Büdenbender arrived this evening, 14 February 2023, at Phnom Penh International Airport from Siem Reap province, where they first paid a visit to Halo Trust’s landmine field and the Khmer ancient temples at Angkor Wat, before proceeding to the capital city.
Photos: Suos Savy
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Outcome of German President’s Official Visit to Cambodia
AKP Phnom Penh, February 16, 2023 --

The following is the outcome of the official visit by the President of the Federal Republic of Germany to the Kingdom of Cambodia released this afternoon by the Cambodian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation:

“At the invitation of Samdech Vibol Sena Pheakdei SAY Chhum, Acting Head of State and President of the Senate of the Kingdom of Cambodia, His Excellency Mr. Frank-Walter Steinmeier, President of the Federal Republic of Germany, led a high-level Delegation to pay an Official Visit to the Kingdom of Cambodia from 14 to 16 February 2023.

During the visit, His Excellency Mr. Frank-Walter Steinmeier had Official Talks with Samdech Vibol Sena Pheakdei SAY Chhum on 15 February. Samdech Vibol Sena Pheakdei SAY Chhum highly praised President Frank-Walter Steinmeier's historical Official Visit to the Kingdom, noting that this was the first Official Visit ever by the highest-ranking Office holder of Germany.

The President then proceeded to have fruitful Official Talks with Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HE, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia on the same day, during which various aspects of bilateral and multilateral cooperation as well as regional and international issues of common interest and concern were discussed. Samdech Techo Prime Minister also recalled the important discussions he had with the German Chancellor Olaf Scholz on the sidelines of the ASEAN-EU Commemorative Summit on 14 December 2022 in Brussels.

During the talks, Samdech Techo noted with deep satisfaction that, among the 27 EU countries, Germany is the biggest bilateral trading partner of Cambodia. Samdech Techo also highly appreciated Germany’s support for mine clearance activities in Cambodia since 1994 and informed the President that Cambodia aims to be a mine-free country by 2025. President Frank-Walter Steinmeier was pleased to confirm that Germany’s support for the mine clearance operations and for the conservation efforts of the Angkor temples would continue.

After the Official Talks, President Frank-Walter Steinmeier led the German business delegation for an Introductory Meeting with Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HE. He reiterated the readiness of his country to help Cambodia combat climate change and use renewable energy. German technology is also available to contribute to sustainable long term socio-economic development of Cambodia.
In full: https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/272379
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodian PM Receives German Bundestag Delegation
AKP Phnom Penh, February 22, 2023 --
Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HE, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, received here at the Peace Palace a courtesy visit from a delegation of German Bundestag led by H.E. Ms. Gabriele KATZMAREK, a Member of German Budestag.

According to H.E. Eang Sophalleth, Assistant to the Cambodian Premier, during the meeting, H.E. Ms. Gabriele KATZMAREK highly appreciated Cambodia's stance against Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

She also lauded Cambodia’s rapid development compared to her previous visit in the Kingdom in 2009, and added that her visit this time is aimed to look for reliable cooperation partners as well as to push for the ASEAN-EU Free Trade Agreement (FTA).

For his part, Samdech Techo Prime Minister re-emphasised Cambodia’s clear stance over the Russia-Ukraine war, i.e. to maintain the rules-based world order.

Samdech Techo HE welcomed H.E. Ms. Gabriele KATZMAREK’s goal, stressing that ASEAN is a community that make decisions through consensus. In this regard, he added, to reach the ASEAN-EU FTA, we need to look at the ASEAN Community as a whole, not at each country separately.

ASEAN and EU started their discussions for a FTA in 2007, but the negotiations were suspended two years later, before being resumed in 2017.
By C. Nika
AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic