Cambodia Ranks Among Highest Average IQ Countries in the World

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Cambodia Ranks Among Highest Average IQ Countries in the World

Post by Bongmab69 »

Me tooo, i had aso one IQ-test in my life at school around same age, always kept the results for myself.
But also i clicked on the full list, being Belgian, i was curious. Now even more, we are as dumb as the Yanks, just ranked above them, oooh my preeaaahh. Maybe we also need a Trump in our politics, hihihhi !!
But the big question for me is since more then 35 years: is it through that you loose brain-cells any pint of beer you drink ?? If so, i should do a new IQ-test 35 years later and very curious it changed.
I dont know there are people here who knever drink, but would your IQ be the same 35 years later if not drinking at all ?? Would come to Cambodia effect your IQ ??
And to be honest, i am really surprised the Khmers have such a high IQ, always thought they were more or less at the end of the list (africa excluded because they are not in the list).
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Wouldn't take the list too seriously.

I'm sure Cambodians are good at problem solving but I'm also sure that any attempt at sourcing data within Cambodia is going to be fucked up at best.

I've done the test, scored quite well but has not helped me much. Still a hopeless alcoholic lost in a world full of dressed up apes.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

People with a really high IQ (say +130) have mostly very bad or non exisisting social skills. They think to much about things you dont have to think about !! ?? I know very well one of those guys.
Bill gates had his first fuck when he was +30 yo if i remember good !!
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Gary Small wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:12 pm As an employer the most important information you can get from a candidate is their IQ . Most armed forces will run a test to determine this.
I think of the top of my head the American army will not employ anybody with an IQ lower than 80. That's a significant percentage of the population. Is this fair?
Shit. 80 is pretty low. I find it scary that anyone under 90 is defending us. I’d prefer they be above 100 - I do recognise that IQ tests have bias though
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:13 pm People with a really high IQ (say +130) have mostly very bad or non exisisting social skills. They think to much about things you dont have to think about !! ?? I know very well one of those guys.
Bill gates had his first fuck when he was +30 yo if i remember good !!
Surely Bill Gates has an IQ over 160? 130 is kind of average for many - nothing too special.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

An IQ from 130 is about 2% of population. No idea what Bill gates IQ was but more then 130 for sure.
In theorie with a population of about 2.000.000 people in Phnom Penh, there would be about 40.000 Khmers having +130 !! ?? But no idea wher to find them !!
At the moment we are here 26 members online, what makes there is 0.52 from us with +130 !! ??
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

violet wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:46 pm
Gary Small wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:12 pm As an employer the most important information you can get from a candidate is their IQ . Most armed forces will run a test to determine this.
I think of the top of my head the American army will not employ anybody with an IQ lower than 80. That's a significant percentage of the population. Is this fair?
Shit. 80 is pretty low. I find it scary that anyone under 90 is defending us. I’d prefer they be above 100 - I do recognise that IQ tests have bias though
The problem there is that the invaders may well have an army of mediocre intellect far out numbering your own defenders. Sheer weight of numbers being an issue.
Cannon fodder, etc.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:57 pm Cambodia Ranks 15th among Highest Average IQ Countries in the World
AKP Phnom Penh, February 09, 2023 --
Cambodians have been considered to have high IQ (Intelligence Quotient), a means to measure the cognitive capabilities of any individual.
In its recent 2023 release, the World Population Review ranked Cambodia 15th with an average IQ of 99.75, just behind China’s Macau (99.82) and before Canada (99.52).

According to the same source, Japan was crowned the highest average IQ in the world with a score of 106.48, followed by China's Taiwan at 106.47 and Singapore at 105.89.

At the bottom of the list are Nepal ranked 199th, Liberia 198th and Sierra Leone 197th, it added.

In addition, the World Population Review pointed out, Cambodia's population is projected to reach more than 22 million by 2069, up from more than 16 million currently.
By C. Nika
AKP

I find this highly unlikely to be accurate. What is the data source? Even my wife until very recently didn't know what IQ was and I had to explain it several times.

I've never heard of anyone having an IQ test in Cambodia so it's probably only a few private schools doing it.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

The fact that a person does not know what an IQ score or test us does not preclude them from having a high IQ
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:53 pm I've never heard of anyone having an IQ test in Cambodia so it's probably only a few private schools doing it.
With a few Oknhas making donations to ensure their kids are known to be as smart as themselves.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic