What khmer in general doesn't know about westerner?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What khmer in general doesn't know about westerner?

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote: Good that i don't post too much pictures of my everyday life on facebook, only a bunch of pictures when i was travelling. :)
You just enjoy your real life more than appear on facebook ,I guess .:-)
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: "Pos pic with nop 70 mouy na.like n cmt phong — feeling loved with Kim Hean OK and 6 others."
I'm not a kindof people who like to tag anyone my pictures,but it seems no sense when I write English without Khmer word such as : na, phong, te...
Me too, i would never tag anyone my picture unless the person was in the picture with me, However, since i joined facebook i rarely tagged picture to people. It kinda look sexy when you always have the word na na at the end of the status isn't it? :)
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
Jamie_Lambo wrote: "Pos pic with nop 70 mouy na.like n cmt phong — feeling loved with Kim Hean OK and 6 others."
I'm not a kindof people who like to tag anyone my pictures,but it seems no sense when I write English without Khmer word such as : na, phong, te...
Me too, i would never tag anyone my picture unless the person was in the picture with me, However, since i joined facebook i rarely tagged picture to people. It kinda look sexy when you always have the word na na at the end of the status isn't it? :)
Hehehe.... not look sexy, but it makes our way speaking is softer , I think. :-)
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
Samouth wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote:
Hehehe.... not look sexy, but it makes our way speaking is softer , I think. :-)
I think it might be a bit boring to see the word na na na at the end of every status. :) haha

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Captain Steve Rogers
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Captain Steve Rogers »

To answer your question you would have to read about my stance on what I think about SOME Khmer people. Khmer people can be ignorant and arrogant to a lot of things which is hard to determine what are their weak points. Although one particular problem I had with SOME Khmer people was that they are too proud to admit their mistakes and that I'm sure pisses everybody off. While I do understand the concept of saving face it's just a moronic way of thinking things.
"HOME OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE".
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Captain Steve Rogers wrote:To answer your question you would have to read about my stance on what I think about SOME Khmer people. Khmer people can be ignorant and arrogant to a lot of things which is hard to determine what are their weak points. Although one particular problem I had with SOME Khmer people was that they are too proud to admit their mistakes and that I'm sure pisses everybody off. While I do understand the concept of saving face it's just a moronic way of thinking things.
Maybe you didnt read the title, this converstation is about what khmer people dont know about western/western culture, not how western feel about khmer people and what their weak points.. :fool:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Jamie, please, stop clouding the issue with facts, it confuses people
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

Captain Steve Rogers wrote:To answer your question you would have to read about my stance on what I think about SOME Khmer people. Khmer people can be ignorant and arrogant to a lot of things which is hard to determine what are their weak points. Although one particular problem I had with SOME Khmer people was that they are too proud to admit their mistakes and that I'm sure pisses everybody off. While I do understand the concept of saving face it's just a moronic way of thinking things.
Hey Captain, i did read all your stances about Cambodian. I can't say that they all are wrong as i agreed with some of your takes about Cambodia and its people. However, what i don't like is how you expressed your ideas, i might be wrong, but i felt like you used a lot of offensive words like calling us uncivilized people which really pissed me off sometime and discouraged me to share my views with you.
If i were you i would respect people way of thinking regardless of race, gender, sex and sexual orientation. What you think is wrong doesn't mean other people think it is wrong too.

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:
Maybe you didnt read the title, this converstation is about what khmer people dont know about western/western culture, not how western feel about khmer people and what their weak points.. :fool:
This is quite a good example of what Khmers may not know about westerners. ie. SOME Khmers may not realise that SOME westerners are operating on limited brain function.
But actually, I think that most Khmers get this and are very tolerant for the most part when dealing with it. %)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Samouth wrote:
Hey Captain, i did read all your stances about Cambodian. I can't say that they all are wrong as i agreed with some of your takes about Cambodia and its people. However, what i don't like is how you expressed your ideas, i might be wrong, but i felt like you used a lot of offensive words like calling us uncivilized people which really pissed me off sometime and discouraged me to share my views with you.
If i were you i would respect people way of thinking regardless of race, gender, sex and sexual orientation. What you think is wrong doesn't mean other people think it is wrong too.
Don't get too concerned about it. Pretty much everyone here has figured that it's "Captain Steve Rogers" who is ignorant and arrogant. To be honest I do believe the guy is a deluded fool who has serious mental problems.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic