I have not seen her for three years.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Re: I have not seen her for three years.

Post by CaptainCanuck »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:25 am
David Gordon wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:07 am yes we need less earnest dialogue and more penis size threads.
Completely uncalled for.
You deserve every negative response you get.
I guess he didn't get the memo that it's verboten to challenge the CEO ladies .... I'm surprised your White Knights haven't arrived yet to defend your honour .
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

David Gordon wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:07 am yes we need less earnest dialogue and more penis size threads.
Completely uncalled for.
what’s your notch count Roz?
Stay classy na
Bert Spaggiari
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bert Spaggiari »

Earnest dialogue can get you into a really sticky spot in Cambodia.

I was once in love with a Turkish girl, who I met in Romania, who was returning home from being an au pair in England. We had a thing in Istanbul. I was a broke english tutor at a hospital, but had to go. We kept it up online in the early days of chat. I was tied up with debt and waited too long to return (a few years).
What did I trade for it?--Nicaragua. I felt I had to have one last hurrah before I tied the knot.
So, like a child, like a clown, after making some change, I took the slow road to Nicaragua playing with mac sht, cameras and mics, but not her. I was figuring out who I was.
I returned to Istanbul. I brought her a suitcase full of gifts, half were requests.
She was dating a local journalist by now, keeping me in the fridge... It sucked. I called the guy out. It put here in a pickle. It empowered her, however. One night I got down on my knee on the cobble and proposed.
She said no. ..we both had a dumb chuckle.
Of course I knew she was always running cover on herself, even before the guy, but I didn't let it bother me. I didn't honestly expect her to be so absolutely devoted in the interim. We both floated each other's boat for awhile in our own strange way. Besides, I had my flings.
What I overlooked there, while I was obsessing over her, was the attention I was getting from other women while I was moping around..
I began teaching English again at this cash in hand drill instructor style school to young professionals.
The more I had my own life, the more interested she became.
She didn't like being the sole fixation of my purpose.
I ended up with a different girl, and then the visa came up.
All said, I probably loved Travel more than her.
I wasn't ready. I didn't understand myself. I knew even less of her. My mistake was leaving in the first place. I cut it short and treated it like some object I could shelve and come back to as if little happened. I wasn't nearly as empathetic as I liked to believe.
Maybe there's something here that gives you pause.
Good luck, and, toughen up.
---->'BANISH HIM!'
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:35 am
Completely uncalled for.
I guess he didn't get the memo that it's verboten to challenge the CEO ladies .... I'm surprised your White Knights haven't arrived yet to defend your honour .
You said ladies as opposed to just saying Roz, so assume you are referencing me as well.

Challenge away. But if I want to challenge back, I will.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

David Gordon wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:33 am She has always had freedom to choose and all I have asked from the beginning is honesty and that seems to have always proved true even under careful scrutiny - I can’t ask for anything more.
But that's the one thing you can't ask for.
You can even ask for love: but not honesty.

And if you are ever honest with her, and it hurts her, she will never forgive you.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:01 am
David Gordon wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:32 pm Had you played nice I might have reported further but it’s futile and I’m out.
I really don't know why you posted this on CEO in the first place, surely you knew the response you'd get?
And how does one learn these things - what are the posting rules - what are the limits?

Please tell me what may be inappropriate from this random list just off the top of my head:

Past events that landed me in the media.
How I was a victim of a scammer.
My trade.
My brief career as a sex worker.
My friends wedding photos.
Where I like to hang out.
What foods give me diarrhea.
How I replaced all my rotten teeth and the costs.
My medical conditions and my diet.
Random shameless business promotion.
Failed business investments.
My breast size and its impact.
All about my ex Rick - who paid for what - who we shared each other with - why our relationship ended.
My sexual preferences - evangelizing polyamory.
My grandchild - the difficulties of keeping family relationships while abroad.
A list of past careers.
Cities I’ve lived in where I’ve moved back and forth from and to and where I live now.

Perhaps you are advising me not to post my autobiography? If so - good to know - sounds like sage advice.
Stay classy na
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Mr Cynical
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Mr Cynical »

I thought Rick was a Top Bloke the fact his western girlfriend thought it was cool and oh so decadent for them to openly share a young Cambodian lady more cudos to him.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

violet wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:29 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:35 am
Completely uncalled for.
You said ladies as opposed to just saying Roz, so assume you are referencing me as well.

Challenge away. But if I want to challenge back, I will.
I was just trying to be 'inclusive' ... Everyone is aware of the running catfight..... Try not to take offense at my male toxicity .... :banana:
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Bert Spaggiari wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:32 am The more I had my own life, the more interested she became.
This bit, right here. Stick to that. :hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic