Leftist hypocrisy in all it's glory

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Leftist hypocrisy in all it's glory

Post by Little_Vicious »

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:21 am China trolled the US with that balloon. Trolled hard and put away wet.
I completely agree with you on this. The situation is wholly ridiculous.
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

The original picture is from https://twitter.com/DefiantLs - which is a lovely showcase of hypocrisy, 99% of which is liberal.

An account that was banned by the previous owners of Twitter because of their unashamed and irrefutable political bias (irrefutable among other reasons because of the Twitter Files and Jack Dorsey's own acknowledgement)

(btw the people who banned @DefiantLs account were the same people who refused to allow links to the NYPost article about Hunter Biden, banned Trump, banned @libsoftiktok https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok etc, etc, etc)
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

What’s all the fuss about? Do people think this balloon would have seen anything that can’t be seen on google earth?
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

Ryan754326 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:20 am What’s all the fuss about? Do people think this balloon would have seen anything that can’t be seen on google earth?

The fuss is about how lefties will use that logic to justify Biden waiting until this balloon was over the ocean, whilst blaming Trump for not shooting down the balloons that were allegedly spotted during his presidency.

In the same way lefties (as in the original post) ridiculed Republicans for suggesting the balloon be shot down, then praise Biden for doing exactly that.
Last edited by xavoy on Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

4 pages of yakking and not one leftie has stated ‘yes, THAT guy is being a hypocrite’, just ad hominem attacks ( see Tootsfriend’s post describing in detail ad hominem) .... as always it the typical ‘rebuttals’ .., you’re Maga ..you’re angry ... you’re a bitch ... you’re obsessed..... etc, etc .... thank you one and all for demonstrating how hypocrisy is perfectly ok when it’s from one of your own ..... I can go back to watching puppy videos now, my work here is done .... :wink:
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Little_Vicious »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:31 am 4 pages of yakking and not one leftie has stated ‘yes, THAT guy is being a hypocrite’, just ad hominem attacks ( see Tootsfriend’s post describing in detail ad hominem) .... as always it the typical ‘rebuttals’ .., you’re Maga ..you’re angry ... you’re a bitch ... you’re obsessed..... etc, etc .... thank you one and all for demonstrating how hypocrisy is perfectly ok when it’s from one of your own ..... I can go back to watching puppy videos now, my work here is done .... :wink:
I believe I said the left is full of hypocrisy and also dismissed the Twitter/tiktokker as a young idiot not worth listening to.

There are many examples of hypocrisy on the left, but this kid isn’t a politician or even a well-regarded leftist mouthpiece. He’s an idiot with a TikTok account offering dumbass hot-takes. That’s why I was confused about the level of outrage in your posts.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Ryan754326 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:20 am What’s all the fuss about? Do people think this balloon would have seen anything that can’t be seen on google earth?
The fuss about the balloon?

Or the fuss about the lefties/liberals complaining that the other is complaining about the one or the other complaining?

In answer to the question- yes. Sensor array would with doubt have seen a lot more than is seen in Google earth. Bear in mind that this is one of two active balloons with those longitudes. As I understand it, there is another south of the equator. Yet another still may have had an early end in the pacific.

It’s more than just some photos.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Little_Vicious wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:36 am
Big Daikon wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:21 am China trolled the US with that balloon. Trolled hard and put away wet.
It really is a win-win for China. If the US ignores the balloon, China wins. If the US reacts, China can be outraged and win.

Ridiculous arguments is the cherry on top.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:58 am
Little_Vicious wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:36 am
It really is a win-win for China. If the US ignores the balloon, China wins. If the US reacts, China can be outraged and win.

Ridiculous arguments is the cherry on top.
Funny perspective, imo. The world is weary of China's outrage. They get so nationalistically and hypocritically offended at the drop of a hat that it barely means anything anymore, except that oh we might lose a little bit of Chinese money. But the developed world is much warier of Chinese money anyway, at this stage. This is embarrassing for China, in my book, it makes Beijing look brazen and careless, and puts them yet again in a position of denial.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic