Intoxica bar street 130

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Intoxica bar street 130

Post by Grand Barong »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:16 pm oh you poor thing.
It's hard being a naive sexpat.
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the hang of how it works soon.
Maybe after you learn to use the return key a little less frequently.
It must be embarrassing too.
I mean.
I know this is an anonymous forum but still, the 2 guys you were with are witnesses to your embarrassment.
I hope they don't spill the beans to your friends back home.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Scam intoxica bar street 130 AVOID

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:56 pm I can assure you that when they take the $100 from the table they check it right away, and those thick fake $100 would get laughed at. It sounds like you were a victim of the switcheroo.

Whenever you pay with a $100 bill, make a note of the last 3 digits of the serial number and point it out to the waitress. They know what that means. For super safety, write it on the bill and show them, especially in hostess bars.

I suspect you told them you are new in town, and they fleeced you.
Just don’t take big notes to any bar, anywhere. There’s no rush.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

The "swichteroo" has been running for ever. I hope this thread is a reminder for the remaining few who still dont know about.
work is for people who cant find truffles
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I think chatGTP still has a thing or to learn

Write a three paragraph story about a bar girl in Cambodia swapping your real $100 note for a fake one
Once upon a time, there was a bar girl in Cambodia who worked at a popular tourist spot. She was known for her charm and beauty, which she used to lure unsuspecting travelers into buying overpriced drinks. One day, a tourist entered the bar and ordered a drink. The bar girl struck up a conversation with him and after a while, offered to change his money for him. The tourist, not knowing any better, handed her a $100 bill.

The next day, when the tourist went to pay for something, he was shocked to discover that the $100 bill was a fake. He immediately realized what had happened and went back to the bar to confront the bar girl. But, she was nowhere to be found. She had taken the real $100 bill and exchanged it for a fake one without the tourist even noticing. The tourist was left feeling foolish and embarrassed, and he couldn't believe that he had fallen for such a simple trick.

The bar girl continued to use her charm and beauty to take advantage of unsuspecting tourists. However, word of her deceit eventually spread, and fewer and fewer people started visiting the bar. She soon found herself out of a job, and she realized that her actions had consequences. She wished she had acted differently and that she had used her talents for good, instead of taking advantage of others. But it was too late, and she was left to live with the consequences of her choices.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Scam intoxica bar street 130 AVOID

Post by Brody »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:56 pm Whenever you pay with a $100 bill, make a note of the last 3 digits of the serial number and point it out to the waitress. They know what that means. For super safety, write it on the bill and show them, especially in hostess bars.

I suspect you told them you are new in town, and they fleeced you.
They could easily just come back and feign ignorance of what you meant by all the pointing and writing. You'll still have an uphill battle when everyone is surrounding you and the bar security starts walking inside.

If you're going to go to all that trouble anyway you might as well just snap a photo of the bill just before you hand it over. Pretty irrefutable at that point.

Also don't pay bar tabs with $100 dollar bills. Pay the bar with twenties and save the hundo for the LBFM the next morning. ;-)
Rico valentino
Tourist
Italy

Post by Rico valentino »

There’s some real comedians replying to my thread!
Not everyone knows the scams I’m a tourist here.
And I put at the end we live and we learn!
For the person that said about no shame being in a girly bar
I’m single man mate! of course I have no shame
So you’ve never been in a girly bar!
I posted this to help others that may be more unfortunate than me!
Luckily $100 dollars is nothing for me but I’m sure no one likes to be scammed even if it was $5
I thought this site was about putting in things about Cambodia!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

violet wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:03 am I think chatGTP still has a thing or to learn

Write a three paragraph story about a bar girl in Cambodia swapping your real $100 note for a fake one
Once upon a time, there was a bar girl in Cambodia who worked at a popular tourist spot. She was known for her charm and beauty, which she used to lure unsuspecting travelers into buying overpriced drinks. One day, a tourist entered the bar and ordered a drink. The bar girl struck up a conversation with him and after a while, offered to change his money for him. The tourist, not knowing any better, handed her a $100 bill.

The next day, when the tourist went to pay for something, he was shocked to discover that the $100 bill was a fake. He immediately realized what had happened and went back to the bar to confront the bar girl. But, she was nowhere to be found. She had taken the real $100 bill and exchanged it for a fake one without the tourist even noticing. The tourist was left feeling foolish and embarrassed, and he couldn't believe that he had fallen for such a simple trick.

The bar girl continued to use her charm and beauty to take advantage of unsuspecting tourists. However, word of her deceit eventually spread, and fewer and fewer people started visiting the bar. She soon found herself out of a job, and she realized that her actions had consequences. She wished she had acted differently and that she had used her talents for good, instead of taking advantage of others. But it was too late, and she was left to live with the consequences of her choices.
Why would a tourist want to swap one $100 for another $100? I don't think chatGPT understands the concept of the switcheroo.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Rico valentino wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:54 pm There’s some real comedians replying to my thread!
Luckily $100 dollars is nothing for me but I’m sure no one likes to be scammed even if it was $5
Yeah, you got a rough ride. Here's a couple of tips to keep you out of more trouble.

Stay out of any massage parlour if you have more than $20 on you, the cheap $3 ones will riffle through your pockets while the girl gives you the worst massage ever. In fact, just stay out of them, 80% are completely useless.

Change up $100 at a money changer for 50,000 riel notes ($12.50) and 20,000 ($5) and 5000 ($1.25), the small ones make great tuk tuk vouchers for short runs.

If you insist on using $'s make sure every note is in perfect condition. Any note with excess wear or ANY tear will be rejected. Whenever you change up a $100, this is when you will get stuck with these types of duff notes. If you use KHR, nobody cares about the condition.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Rico valentino wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:54 pm There’s some real comedians replying to my thread!
It is and you did the right thing by posting your experience.

@IraHayes, stop being a wanker.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

The restaurant across the road that you got food from, is also Intoxica. You were intoxicated.

Similar thing happened to me with a $50 note at double D's. Avoid. That won't be hard, it's a shithole anyway.

Apart from that bar, and ~93% of the others, no complaints.

Name and shame, I say.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic