Cambodia ranks #5 with worst dish in the world :-)

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cambodia ranks #5 with worst dish in the world :-)

Post by Grand Barong »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:35 pm you all take things WAY TO SERIOUS
has everyone here lost their sense of humor? :facepalm:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TasteAtlas
Sure your not English?

Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Nr.1 must be pineapple on the pizza. ;-)
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

hanno wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:53 pm Anisplätzchen are cookies eaten around Christmas and they are so good.
Indeed. What a nonsensical list, looks like someone didn't like anis.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:35 pm you all take things WAY TO SERIOUS
No we don't take things too seriously. Sense of humor? You seem to think posting any article about Cambodia that shows it in a bad light is funny, even if they are garbage. This is a Cambodia forum. It's not really that amusing when you rag on Cambodia and constantly try to make it look bad. I know it gives you a great sense of superiority because you had the genius idea of moving to a more developed country. [Admin Edit: Now now, let's at least attempt to all get along.]
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:07 pm
No we don't take things too seriously. Sense of humor? You seem to think posting any article about Cambodia that shows it in a bad light is funny, even if they are garbage. This is a Cambodia forum. It's not really that amusing when you rag on Cambodia and constantly try to make it look bad. I know it gives you a great sense of superiority because you had the genius idea of moving to a more developed country.
Another personal attack on a CEO member . About time you also checked yourself JB
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I've always wondered why some people here seem to take joy in fucking with other members?
do u all feel good about urself?
are you a better person for it?

I go by on forums , "yea its cool to go at a post but not the poster", 'guess others dont live by that rule

WHY can a post ONLY be reported ONCE?

I'd like to tell JB to put me on ignore, but he never would cause than he couldn't show everyone how smart he is and how much a better person he is than me :beer3:

namaste'
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 03, 1970 5:32 am

I go by on forums , "yea its cool to go at a post but not the poster"

Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:48 am I've always wondered why some people here seem to take joy in fucking with other members?

I go by on forums , "yea its cool to go at a post but not the poster", 'guess others dont live by that rule

I'd like to tell JB to put me on ignore, but he never would cause than he couldn't show everyone how smart he is and how much a better person he is than me :beer3:

namaste'
Oh please, for someone who proclaims to be so worldly and been-there-done-that type of person you do sure have a thin skin.
We all get called out for the occasional post that, in hindsight was probably not our best work. Hell, I did one only yesterday so either learn from your mistakes and change your posting habits or take it on the chin and move on.
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Sheepdog »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:27 pm 8. UK. Vegetable Roll.

What is it? I've never heard of it.

Cheese roll, ham roll, ham and cheese roll, all in a bread roll. But they are snacks, not dishes.

Maybe they are talking about fried ones called spring rolls which are Asian.
I imagine they are talking about this, although I have always found it to be delectable

https://homebutchers.com/products/tradi ... table-roll
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

IraHayes wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:19 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:48 am I've always wondered why some people here seem to take joy in fucking with other members?

namaste'
Oh please, for someone who proclaims to be so worldly and been-there-done-that type of person you do sure have a thin skin.
We all get called out for the occasional post that, in hindsight was probably not our best work. Hell, I did one only yesterday so either learn from your mistakes and change your posting habits or take it on the chin and move on.
While I agree with your last paragraph, it’s a little different when you find yourself the repeated target of a person painting you with a broad brush because they have taken a dislike to you on a personal basis.

Richard probably agrees with your last paragraph too - when it is the occasional post that is targeted - and that also ends up targeting the poster. Some repeatedly go at him - because of his repeated style/preference for Thailand, and background
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic