Cambodia ranks #5 with worst dish in the world :-)

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cambodia ranks #5 with worst dish in the world :-)

Post by Grand Barong »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:54 pm Image :hattip:
Why do you continue to post rubbish like this? highlighting Cambodias 5th position in the Worlds Worst food dish list which looks like a load of crap anyhow...
Australia gets a mention for musk stick lollie? wtf? The list was obviously slapped together by a complete imbecile.

As good as Thailand may be they are an extremely xenophobic race so the majority of them would resent your American ass being there at all.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

I had to laugh at the chocolate-covered bacon. On their own, both are delicious, who in their right mind would think to combine them though, it sounds like something Elvis might have eaten an hour before his heart attack.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Random Dude wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:54 pm I had to laugh at the chocolate-covered bacon. On their own, both are delicious, who in their right mind would think to combine them though, it sounds like something Elvis might have eaten an hour before his heart attack.
You are missing out

Chocolate and bacon were meant to be together
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

violet wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:56 pm Musk sticks are a bloody delicacy!
I've had them and they are okay if a bit overbearing. They contain musk from glands near a deer's butthole. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:57 pm
Random Dude wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:54 pm I had to laugh at the chocolate-covered bacon. On their own, both are delicious, who in their right mind would think to combine them though, it sounds like something Elvis might have eaten an hour before his heart attack.
You are missing out

Haha, I don't know if I'd go so far as to say they're meant to be together but I can see how it could be delicious and can almost guarantee I'll try it if I ever get the chance.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

If anything belongs in there for Cambodia’s entry, to the clearly odd snacks list, it’s Ice cream in a bread roll.

It’s likely written by the same muppets who put up YouTube videos labelled ‘The insane technology of…’, when what they really mean is impressive, but wanted a bigger drum roll.

Of course, Any Advertising is Good according to the likes of O’Leary, so what do I know?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:57 pm
You are missing out

Yes. In the same supermarket, shopping basket…
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Go get 'em boy!

Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:15 pm Go get 'em boy!

That's more like it. When I see a list of the supposedly worst food in the world, I expect to see words like fermented,eyeballs, maggots, testicles.

I googled a few of the dishes on that first list out of curiosity and some of them don't look half bad.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

you all take things WAY TO SERIOUS
has everyone here lost their sense of humor? :facepalm:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TasteAtlas
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic