Is ChatGPT Politically Neutral?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Is ChatGDP Politically Neutral?

Post by violet »

Can we get the thread title amended?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:22 pm Not able to find?
If it's there it can be found when the right crawling algorithm is used. The fact Google removes pages from their index, or website users use coding to request not be crawled, doesn't mean it can not be found.

I never mentioned no-index in robots.txt or owners otherwise requesting their sites not be crawled, and you have conveniently ignored the other service providers (web hosts etc) I mentioned that would render the web site totally inaccessible to anyone even if it was listed on Google, but I will assume you are arguing in good faith.

You're right, if Google removes it from their listing it is still available. Now assuming this happens often to a particular perspective (and I have sourced it several times above) then what happens when ChatGPT is trying to get a consensus on an issue? Unless it gives higher priority/authority to particular sources, one solid way to reach it is to assume that most of-cited and repeated arguments are the correct ones. Would you agree? After all, the definition of consensus is "agreement in the judgment or opinion reached by a group as a whole" - well, what consensus would be reached if 99 sites say one thing, but only one says the other?

Kammekor wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:22 pm I don't think that's how it works in reality. It's clear there's a 'referee' function there, deciding on whether to reply with content, or give a politically correct non-reply. If the system wasn't fed points of view from either side / all sides, it would not be unable to distinguish between them and it wouldn't be able to 'decide' on whether to reply to the user or give a non-reply.

You're right, there is obviously a 'referee' function that they were forced to introduce lest they upset the delicate masses, but given the risks involved in putting forward an alternative perspective since about 2016, it wouldn't surprise me if it could surmise the (politically) "correct" thing to do anyway. Although we are talking here about politics, and it is an important one that would have been paid special mind, there are many other biases that it would have encountered and learned from, and would have to regurgitate.

I never said exclusively left wing content either, just primarily. ChatGPT's sources are largely known entities with a left wing bias, that is sourced above (reddit, wikipedia, spidered sites).

And nothing exists in a vacuum. There are plenty of ways to surmise an opposing argument even if you'd read only one side, from selected quotes to opinion pieces to rebuttals. In this way you could be mistakenly confused with having an understanding of the opposing perspective when all you've got is someone's reading of it regurgitated through their own lens. And with objective journalism being out of vogue for being racist now post581520.html things are going to get worse here too.

Kammekor wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:22 pm Anyhow, the bias of the system seems clear.

Indeed. The minutia and ins and outs of the algorithm are moot.

There's a clear political bias, and it's going to get worse by ChatGPT perpetuating it.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:31 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:56 pm Image
upload

It's merely the sum of its inputs
Can you ask for a poem praising our very own Prime Minister HE?

You might get it published in the Khmer Times.
Chat GPT is not available in Cambodia

I'll check it when on pc later as my pc is ostensibly not in Cambodia thanks to VPN
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

violet wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:53 pm Can we get the thread title amended?
What did you have in mind?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:12 pm
Fairly obvious
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

violet wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:14 pm
Fairly obvious
Is it? Go on then...
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:15 pm
violet wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:14 pm
Fairly obvious
Is it? Go on then...

I was going to say "ChatGPT is a lefty sock puppet" :lol: but "Is ChatGPT Politically Neutral?" (as opposed to ChatGDP) would do :)

(Not a dig at you Doc67, just having a laugh)
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Is chatGPT politically neutral?

I’m not trolling, trying to be witty, attempting to be a snappy headline writer - I just want accuracy that helps people new to the technology use the right bloody name.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:09 pm
upload

I'll check it when on pc later as my pc is ostensibly not in Cambodia thanks to VPN
So, your earlier posts were from the internet and not generated by an interaction with chatGPT. I don’t know if you thought you were being funny, or if you succumbed to your bias.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

violet wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:19 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:09 pm
upload

So, your earlier posts were from the internet and not generated by an interaction with chatGPT. I don’t know if you thought you were being funny, or if you succumbed to your bias.
What??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic