Serious warning of the so called "Facebook bitch"

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Serious warning of the so called "Facebook bitch"

Post by ressl »

Yesterday evening I had a talk with someone, who felt victim of a new, but serious scam: The victim gets contacted by Facebook, the goal is to have great sex. Once the woman has entered your place, you get knocked out with knockout drops. There is a highly professional group operating behind this, they are not just take your belongings from the place you went with her, but clear your bank account or any other kind of deposits and wipe all evidence like pictures or Facebook conversations from your phone (hence I can not provide anything here now). Pin codes seem not to stop them in any way! Currently 3 victims are known: one in Kampot, one in Koh Kong and one somewhere else I forgot. One lost $12k, the other $6k, the last one had only $20 on his account, they didn't touch it, but he still ended up in hospital, after a friend of him got worried to get no life sign of him for 24 hours and went to his place to check. Targeted persons seem to be (s)expats, 60+.
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Serious warning of the so called "Facebook bitch"

Post by Jerry Atrick »

It's possible to download all facebook data, even if deleted from your app or pc

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-dow ... gs-i-found

Easy way to find out the messenger details of the alleged scammers using this method
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

I will forward this information, maybe we get some more details
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

ressl wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:58 pm The victim gets contacted by Facebook, the goal is to have great sex.
There's your first clue....
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

ressl wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:58 pm Pin codes seem not to stop them in any way!
PIN codes will stop them. But everyone conveniently uses a touch verification these days. When you passed out they will simply use your thumb...
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I hate to belittle what seems to be quite a serious crime, and I would never say that anyone deserved to be a victim of crime, no matter the circumstances or how intellectually challenged they must be, but anyone who is contacted out of the blue by a complete stranger with a promise of something that seems too good to be true, be it sexual, financial or whatever, and doesn't immediately delete the message and get on with their lives... you do have to wonder how these people ever got to be 60+ in the first place sometimes.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Rockman Lover
Expatriate

Post by Rockman Lover »

Is she hot? Any photos?

And does she actually show up at your place or just a couple of Nigerian dudes?
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

I had a great sex with the girl who contacted me on a FB. We still meet sometimes.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Bert Spaggiari
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bert Spaggiari »

Dear ressl,
-quite possible the victim you had a talk with is running a long game with you too.
'Ending up in the hospital' can mean many things--ever have a doc here Prescribe vitamin C?
---->'BANISH HIM!'
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:37 pm
ressl wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:58 pm Pin codes seem not to stop them in any way!
PIN codes will stop them. But everyone conveniently uses a touch verification these days. When you passed out they will simply use your thumb...

:hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic