King Charles will not appear on Aussie 5$ note

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

King Charles will not appear on Aussie 5$ note

Post by hanno »

Though no date has been given:

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-64493849
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: King Charles will not appear on Aussie 5$ note

Post by Random Dude »

It's probably not for this reason - although who knows - but I read somewhere that usually when putting a face on a banknote, they prefer someone who is dead, because if you have millions of banknotes out there in circulation and the guy gets caught interfering with kids or they find a body buried in his back yard or something you have an awkward situation.
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Post by Stravaiger »

Random Dude wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:56 pm It's probably not for this reason - although who knows - but I read somewhere that usually when putting a face on a banknote, they prefer someone who is dead, because if you have millions of banknotes out there in circulation and the guy gets caught interfering with kids or they find a body buried in his back yard or something you have an awkward situation.
Sorted

Unlikely this guy will get caught (again).
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Stravaiger wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:11 pm
Random Dude wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:56 pm It's probably not for this reason - although who knows - but I read somewhere that usually when putting a face on a banknote, they prefer someone who is dead, because if you have millions of banknotes out there in circulation and the guy gets caught interfering with kids or they find a body buried in his back yard or something you have an awkward situation.
Sorted

Unlikely this guy will get caught (again).
:thumb: I would've given you more likes for this if it was possible. :plus1:
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I think you're talking about the back of the note. The front of the note usually has the head of state on it, in commonwealth countries, such as Australia and Canada etc, this would be the British monarch. A quick Google search tells me there are currently 35 countries which have the image of the British Queen currently on their bank notes.

Now that she has passed, I would imagine Australia won't be the only country to remove the British monarch from their notes. To be fair, even as a Brit, I find it very strange that other countries have our monarch as their head of state. If I were Australian or Canadian, I'd be pretty pissed that my head of state wasn't a national of my own country.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

How many of your posts begin with ‘probably’ ...... Probably you could be Ruler of the World if you spent a little time in reality instead of wallowing in your imagination ..... just sayin’ .....
Bert Spaggiari
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bert Spaggiari »

Oh, they're putting The King on notes! The Queen was quite alive and she was Everywhere.
(The Commonwealth did not cease to exist upon her passing)

With a cursory glance through the fluff clickbait BBC article it suggests 'several years'. It reminds me of the attempt to put Harriet Tubman on the American 20, which has been in limbo for just as many years)

Here is a less than inspiring Charlie on the face of a soon to arrive 2023 Silver Britannia:

in gold obviously as well:
I'm sure the Sovereign is soon to follow...
And Her Majesty on an Oz Nugget in her more ravishing days:
If any indigenous folk get on the currency, it'll be to replace The Roo.
---->'BANISH HIM!'
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

work is for people who cant find truffles
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

His ears are too big and he is a MILF hunter. He also pretends to be an eco-warrior while his ignorant subjects stew in a dystopian nightmare in the only shrinking economy in Europe. Let's face it, the UK is fucked.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic