Project Ireland 2040

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Project Ireland 2040

Post by Ghostwriter »

FTFY
2sevensclash wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:00 pm it is also easier to use google to get facts, saves all that bother of convincing :stir:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:00 pm There are also returning emigrants to consider, which have been very high compared to previous decades.
I can't make that up from the general data I posted. All I see is the migration accounts for more growth than the difference between births and deaths. Currently births outnumber deaths because the Irish population is relatively young, but in the long run people don't have enough children to replace the current population.

Painting a detailed picture of the demographics of a country is pretty difficult. It might take well over a year to collect and process all the data at an individual level.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:15 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:00 pm There are also returning emigrants to consider, which have been very high compared to previous decades.
I can't make that up from the general data I posted. All I see is the migration accounts for more growth than the difference between births and deaths. Currently births outnumber deaths because the Irish population is relatively young, but in the long run people don't have enough children to replace the current population.

Painting a detailed picture of the demographics of a country is pretty difficult. It might take well over a year to collect and process all the data at an individual level.

Having said that, currently birth outnumber deaths by about 36000 a year, so in 17 years that's quite a substantial growth if the numbers remain the same (which is unlikely).
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

Oh s*** I wish I never started this thread I thought it was going to bring us all together.
Mods feel free to lock this down, it's getting messy. :please:
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Gary Small wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:22 pm Oh s*** I wish I never started this thread I thought it was going to bring us all together.
Ah, someone shat his white flag
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Gary Small wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:22 pm Oh s*** I wish I never started this thread I thought it was going to bring us all together.
Reality is often too complicated to catch it into a meme.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

You would achieve much more with honest debate than misrepresentation.
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:33 pm
Would you accuse a black man of shitting his BLM flag, I don't think so
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

2sevensclash wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:50 pm
Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:33 pm
Would you accuse a black man of shitting his BLM flag, I don't think so

Sshhhhh ... you must only denigrate anyone of the white race .... omg ... newbies huh .... ;-)
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:28 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:14 pm

Isn't the population of Ireland just over 5 million total ... How many will be women in their child bearing years in the next 17 yrs ... That's a lot of kids per if they're to knock out the majority of the expected 1,000,000 increase by then ..... I know, I know ...math is hard ....
Math isn't that hard, but it all starts with the facts.

This proofs you right. Natural growth rate of 0,72% per year isn't enough for a million new babies in 17 years.
If I am incorrect in my assertions I’ll apologize publicly .... but you know what Kammie .... in the 3 yrs I’ve been a member here .... your acquiescence to the hand of government has proven wrong again and again .... TBH Ireland’s demographics have no relevance to my personal life than the life expectancy of a teenage drug addict in Zimbabwe so I’ve no real dog in the fight ... only my desire to bring a voice to the real and dangerous direction too many Western Governments are directing their populace’s .... Me, I’ve no offspring I hope will gain education or occupational opportunities in the West ... By your posting history and many of those who support your illogical viewpoints I wonder why you don’t abandon your virtue signaling to strangers on the internet and focus your energies on creating a clear path towards success for the children you espouse to care for .... As I’ve said before, you’re so wrong on so many different discussions ... Unfortunately I see your delusions towards global affairs being the norm ....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic