Project Ireland 2040

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: Project Ireland 2040

Post by Random Dude »

It seems like Ireland isn't much different from other places, they urgently need workers to expand their booming economy, and industries that have traditionally depended a lot on foreign workers are suffering because they don't have those workers now.

"In launching its plans for the tourism industry earlier this month, Fáilte Ireland said that three in ten businesses in hospitality and tourism believe they face closure if recruitment and retention challenges are not resolved."

www.irishexaminer.com/news/spotlight/arid-40811664.html
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

Obviously Ireland don't have enough pretty women, I suspect a trans/non binary/queer person will be the next winner

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

2sevensclash wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:25 am Obviously Ireland don't have enough pretty women, I suspect a trans/non binary/queer person will be the next winner

Thanks for defining Racism and Bigotry

Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

violet wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:42 am The complete irony of a white guy , possibly living in an Asian country, being hot under the collar because a country such as Ireland may be letting some brown folk in (maybe Polish,English, or other - but possibly some undefined brown).
I don't see the irony or hypocrisy. These two scenarios are quite different in numbers and nature. How many westerners are living in Cambodia and what % of the population do they represent?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Gary Small wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:51 am
John Bingham wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:20 am
Gary Small wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:25 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:02 pm
The Irish government is planning to make Ireland's cities minority white by 2040.
Where does it say anything about that in the proposal. Point it out or quit the bullshit.
"By 2040, there will be approximately one million additional people living here in Ireland"
Yes, I saw that. How you came to your conclusion is beyond me. That's 17 years in the future. Historically, at least since the famine the Irish population has been in decline because of emigration. In recent years the flow has reversed. The Irish economy is one of the strongest in Europe. Countries with strong economies tend to grow. People reproduce. There are serious issues that the Irish government needs to address, such as a huge shortage of housing. Meanwhile you read some weird racial nonsense into that statement? Either post something relevant or just stop projecting your nonsense, us Irish are doing fine without you oddball white supremists trying to poison us with your jack-ass opinions. 8-)
However, people laughed at Enoch Powell when he said that Britain would be a minority white City by 2040 and it happened much earlier than that.
I'm wondering now if you have ever been near Europe, or the UK? Britain would be a minority white city? Britain isn't a city. If you bothered to look at the demographics of the UK you would have figured that the majority are still white.
Sorry, my mistake that should be London.
Well it's pretty clear that you don't know what you are talking about and think we are all stupid enough to fall for your BS.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Funny how some of the same folks who gnash their teeth about Chinese in Cambodia have a problem with someone bringing up immigration concerns in a Western country .... Now that’s ironic. NIMBY Hahahaha
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:11 am
violet wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:42 am The complete irony of a white guy , possibly living in an Asian country, being hot under the collar because a country such as Ireland may be letting some brown folk in (maybe Polish,English, or other - but possibly some undefined brown).
I don't see the irony or hypocrisy. These two scenarios are quite different in numbers and nature. How many westerners are living in Cambodia and what % of the population do they represent?
Maybe have that discussion with the Cambodians in Sihanoukville?
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Strange reversal ... :D

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:27 am
Big Daikon wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:11 am
Maybe have that discussion with the Cambodians in Sihanoukville?
About westerners or the Chinese? Both would be interesting surveys.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I'm Irish & a great deal of young and educated people have been steadily leaving the country for hundreds of years going back to the British occupation of most of the island and continuing to the present day with the exception of a slight trend reversal during the short lived "celtic tiger" spell from the late 90's until the late noughties.

Immigration is hyper necessary in Ireland and Ireland has always had immigrant populations. You simply won't get Irish people do do lower level (yet well paid by any standard) service jobs unless they are students or underachievers. Same with many of the lower paid trades.

Even an aged relative has her nurses from the Ukraine because it's cheaper than obscenely expensive hospice care

5M people by 2040 is fuckall bearing in mind it's a very underpopulated land (especially by comparison to any part of England lol) and that before the Great Famine of the mid 1800's and subsequent unrelenting emigration for generations there used be 7M plus people there

The fastest doubling of the world population happened between 1950 and 1987 - by that standard an extra million folk in Ireland by 2040 seems pretty tame.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic