Project Ireland 2040

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Project Ireland 2040

Post by Darkcel »

Meh, never cared for the Irish anyway.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Darkcel wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:47 pm Meh, never cared for the Irish anyway.
Spoken as if your opinion would matter .... especially to Patty ... hilarious. But immigration does matter to the Irish, no matter how much the perpetual knee benders say here.

2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

Never mention countries being negatively changed by an influx of people from another country except of course if it is Cambodia and the incoming people are Chinese then it is fine
:stir:
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:41 pm
Darkcel wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:47 pm Meh, never cared for the Irish anyway.
Spoken as if your opinion would matter .... especially to Patty ... hilarious. But immigration does matter to the Irish, no matter how much the perpetual knee benders say here.

My opinion does matter, definitely more so than a Coal crackers.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

2sevensclash wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:58 pm Never mention countries being negatively changed by an influx of people from another country except of course if it is Cambodia and the incoming people are Chinese then it is fine
:stir:
Which misses the point entirely, and does not take into account the possibility of other viewpoints, of which there will be many, as the thread started off with a very clear statement-
Gary Small wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:51 pm The Irish government is planning to make Ireland's cities minority white by 2040.
Which is clearly not ‘reading between the lines’ as the OP goes on to attempt to defend his assertion, but does have a very white bias.
Also, given that those of us (barang of the paler complexion) actually living here, or having legitimate ties to Cambodia are posting on an expat forum, in a very foreign country for many- bringing up race in this manner is a bit arrogant, to say the least.

By all means discuss the risks in immigration policies. But don’t misrepresent, as that will surely lead to obscuring reasoned argument in favour of racial bias. Evidenced by some of the replies.
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

Wow to the untrained eye this thread might look like a troll post, but I assure you it is not. It was just something that poppedup on my news feed.
Anyway isn't population growth the main problem for global warming and habitat loss? Why would they want more ppl on a already overpopulated island anyway.
(Oh shit this looks like I'm trolling again :D )
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Gary Small wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:46 am Wow to the untrained eye this thread might look like a troll post, but I assure you it is not. It was just something that poppedup on my news feed.
Isn't population growth the main problem for global warming and habitat loss?
(Oh shit this looks like another troll post! :newbie:)
Yeah, you're right, it does look like trolling. Hard to imagine that you are not taking the piss when you post the following.
Gary Small wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:25 pm However, people laughed at Enoch Powell when he said that Britain would be a minority white City by 2040 and it happened much earlier than that.
:trollz:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Gary Small wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:25 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:02 pm
The Irish government is planning to make Ireland's cities minority white by 2040.
Where does it say anything about that in the proposal. Point it out or quit the bullshit.
"By 2040, there will be approximately one million additional people living here in Ireland"
Yes, I saw that. How you came to your conclusion is beyond me. That's 17 years in the future. Historically, at least since the famine the Irish population has been in decline because of emigration. In recent years the flow has reversed. The Irish economy is one of the strongest in Europe. Countries with strong economies tend to grow. People reproduce. There are serious issues that the Irish government needs to address, such as a huge shortage of housing. Meanwhile you read some weird racial nonsense into that statement? Either post something relevant or just stop projecting your nonsense, us Irish are doing fine without you oddball white supremists trying to poison us with your jack-ass opinions. 8-)
However, people laughed at Enoch Powell when he said that Britain would be a minority white City by 2040 and it happened much earlier than that.
I'm wondering now if you have ever been near Europe, or the UK? Britain would be a minority white city? Britain isn't a city. If you bothered to look at the demographics of the UK you would have figured that the majority are still white.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

The complete irony of a white guy , possibly living in an Asian country, being hot under the collar because a country such as Ireland may be letting some brown folk in (maybe Polish,English, or other - but possibly some undefined brown).
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:20 am
Gary Small wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:25 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:02 pm
The Irish government is planning to make Ireland's cities minority white by 2040.
Where does it say anything about that in the proposal. Point it out or quit the bullshit.
"By 2040, there will be approximately one million additional people living here in Ireland"
Yes, I saw that. How you came to your conclusion is beyond me. That's 17 years in the future. Historically, at least since the famine the Irish population has been in decline because of emigration. In recent years the flow has reversed. The Irish economy is one of the strongest in Europe. Countries with strong economies tend to grow. People reproduce. There are serious issues that the Irish government needs to address, such as a huge shortage of housing. Meanwhile you read some weird racial nonsense into that statement? Either post something relevant or just stop projecting your nonsense, us Irish are doing fine without you oddball white supremists trying to poison us with your jack-ass opinions. 8-)
However, people laughed at Enoch Powell when he said that Britain would be a minority white City by 2040 and it happened much earlier than that.
I'm wondering now if you have ever been near Europe, or the UK? Britain would be a minority white city? Britain isn't a city. If you bothered to look at the demographics of the UK you would have figured that the majority are still white.
Sorry, my mistake that should be London.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic