Masks still mandated while flying?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Masks still mandated while flying?

Post by Apexisto »

Dear Cambodia Expats Online users,

I am currently in Thailand and I intend to travel to Cambodia.

I still wonder whether masks are mandated while flying to Cambodia? Cambodia still seems to mandate masks in indoor places but I wonder does this concern air traveling? Have people here recently flown?

If they are still mandated, then I need to go with a bus from BKK to Siam Reap but that can be done too and I can even save some money.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Re: Masks still mandated while flying?

Post by rogerrabbit »

There is no mask mandate in Cambodia. And no need for masks when flying either.
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

Are you sure?

"THE mask mandate for indoor settings has been lifted, except for medical facilities and public transport, as announced recently. "

Friend of mine said that when going to banks in Thailand or any indoor settings, masks are mandated and public transport includes air traveling too?
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Apexisto wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:00 am Are you sure?

"THE mask mandate for indoor settings has been lifted, except for medical facilities and public transport, as announced recently. "

Friend of mine said that when going to banks in Thailand or any indoor settings, masks are mandated and public transport includes air traveling too?
Are you now talking about Thailand or Cambodia? In Cambodia the mask mandate was lifted 6-7 months ago. Hardly anyone wear mask in Cambodia now days. Some locals do, but even most locals don't. And airlines usually follow to destination country's rules so no need to wear masks on flights to Cambodia.

In any case, I have flown recently to/from Cambodia and there was no need to wear a mask on those flights.
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

Hi,

This is good to know since there are no clear news regarding that.

Have others recently flown so I can have final confirmation on this?
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Flown recently to TH and Cam, nobody asked for a mask. But most of the Asians still wear it.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Call the airline and ask them ? They are the ones who make the rules in the aircraft.
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

Air Asia is in question, sure I could contact them, hopefully Air Asia's English skills are sufficient.

Good to know people can fly in and out from Cambodia without masks even though clear info regarding mask policies in Cambodia is hard to find.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Apexisto wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:43 am Dear Cambodia Expats Online users,

I am currently in Thailand and I intend to travel to Cambodia.

I still wonder whether masks are mandated while flying to Cambodia? Cambodia still seems to mandate masks in indoor places but I wonder does this concern air traveling? Have people here recently flown?

If they are still mandated, then I need to go with a bus from BKK to Siam Reap but that can be done too and I can even save some money.

@OP Not sure that you have thought this through, because if masks are mandatory on public transport in Thailand (and maybe they are not), then you would have to wear a mask for a much longer time on a bus trip to Siem Reap rather than if you fly. :idea:
drozd
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by drozd »

I did fly to Singapore a couple of weeks ago, masks were mandatory.
Just bring a few masks to use if mandatory.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic