Masks still mandated while flying?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Masks still mandated while flying?

Post by Kenr »

Equinix wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:26 am
Kenr wrote:There you go, save society from itself one mask at a time. That’s nothing more than you stroking your ego. You’re actually worse than the governments who implement rules and policies in order to control people’s lives.
I'm only informing them that the reason they are wearing them is wrong. If they still keep wearing them after, that's up to them. Since when is providing people correct information worse than governments who have been lying and manipulating the populous the last few years?

Kammekor wrote:
Equinix wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:58 am
So when someone is still following the covid narrative and wearing a mask because they are scare mongered into it, I'll speak and act out against it. ImageImage

How do you know why someone you don't know wears a mask?
Maybe it is because of the scaremongering, maybe they just got used to to it. Maybe they started using it during covid and they experienced advantages so they continued using it.
What right do you have to advise them to stop using masks?

You claim the right not to wear a mask, and rightly so. But they have the right to wear one without you bothering them.
Maybe you should scroll up a bit.

I ask if they are sick and if they got to vaccine and take it from there.

I'm not going up to random people on the street to ask this. Normally the setting is at a bar or when drinking with a group of people.

What right do I have? masks don't work and most people that wear them are brainwashed into thinking that they do work.

The masks are not normal and it prohibits normal social interactions with facial expressions and most people that still wear it, are wearing it because of the last few years of scare mongering.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
LOL. It sounds like you are just a needy individual who needs to inflict your will onto others. It appears YOU need social interaction, but maybe these individuals you are preaching to don’t want to interact with someone like you. You should stop trying to be the Messiah and just leave these people alone, I doubt they want or need your advice or opinion.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Kenr wrote:
LOL. It sounds like you are just a needy individual who needs to inflict your will onto others. It appears YOU need social interaction, but maybe these individuals you are preaching to don’t want to interact with someone like you. You should stop trying to be the Messiah and just leave these people alone, I doubt they want or need your advice or opinion.
If people still wear their mask after the conversation that's obviously up to them.
Most people take their mask off after speaking with them, so no I won't stop trying to get facial expressions back in society, just as I won't stop telling people they shouldn't litter or that parents should buy their kids a helmet... ImageImage

Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Equinix wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:02 am
Kenr wrote:
Equinix wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:26 am
Kenr wrote:There you go, save society from itself one mask at a time. That’s nothing more than you stroking your ego. You’re actually worse than the governments who implement rules and policies in order to control people’s lives.
I'm only informing them that the reason they are wearing them is wrong. If they still keep wearing them after, that's up to them. Since when is providing people correct information worse than governments who have been lying and manipulating the populous the last few years?

Kammekor wrote:
Equinix wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:58 am
So when someone is still following the covid narrative and wearing a mask because they are scare mongered into it, I'll speak and act out against it. ImageImage

How do you know why someone you don't know wears a mask?
Maybe it is because of the scaremongering, maybe they just got used to to it. Maybe they started using it during covid and they experienced advantages so they continued using it.
What right do you have to advise them to stop using masks?

You claim the right not to wear a mask, and rightly so. But they have the right to wear one without you bothering them.
Maybe you should scroll up a bit.

I ask if they are sick and if they got to vaccine and take it from there.

I'm not going up to random people on the street to ask this. Normally the setting is at a bar or when drinking with a group of people.

What right do I have? masks don't work and most people that wear them are brainwashed into thinking that they do work.

The masks are not normal and it prohibits normal social interactions with facial expressions and most people that still wear it, are wearing it because of the last few years of scare mongering.

If people still wear their mask after the conversation that's obviously up to them.
Most people take their mask off after speaking with them, so no I won't stop trying to get facial expressions back in society, just as I won't stop telling people they shouldn't litter or that parents should buy their kids a helmet... ImageImage

Like I said before, you’re worse than the government. And you are definitely a needy individual who has to have their ego stroked by telling everyone you see that they are wrong when you don’t agree with how they are living their lives, otherwise you would probably have no other purpose in life.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Kenr wrote:
Like I said before, you’re worse than the government. And you are definitely a needy individual who has to have their ego stroked by telling everyone you see that they are wrong when you don’t agree with how they are living their lives, otherwise you would probably have no other purpose in life.
Let me get your logic straight.

The government wouldn't allow you to go to the mall, cinema, shop and fly. It also threatened you that you would loose your job if you didn't fall in line and take a vaccine and wear a mask.

But informing people is worse.. Sure. Lol

Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Equinix wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:19 am
Kenr wrote:
Let me get your logic straight.

The government wouldn't allow you to go to the mall, cinema, shop and fly. It also threatened you that you would loose your job if you didn't fall in line and take a vaccine and wear a mask.

But informing people is worse.. Sure. Lol

Yes, because you are a hypocrite. You didn’t like the government telling you what you had to do, but you feel it’s ok for you to tell people what they should do and how they should live their lives. Just because you believe something to be true doesn’t mean it is.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Equinix wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:53 am
Kammekor wrote:
It's the other side of righteousness you're displaying, judging the behavior of total strangers while pretending to be curious for this reasons.
You seem to be a bit of a weirdo on a crusade.
My apologies, I edited my previous post whilst you were replying.

Yes I am on a crusade to get society back to facial expressions and normal social interactions. If that makes me a weirdo, so be it =)

We are back there already. Aren't you living in the past, still frustrated with what happened? You're intervening in the life of strangers while claiming your personal freedom. I am amazed you can not see the irony of your behavior.

Where I live over 90% of everyone I see quit wearing masks for an extensive period of time already. Each and everyone for their own reasons. But the rest still wearing it will have their reasons to do so too. Who am I to tell them / advise them not to? Who are you to tell them not to? Because it bothers you? Because you want to see their facial expression? Your freedom is be the annoyance of the other, and the it's the other way around too. That's how it works. Their mask bothering you, their freedom.

I would just leave them alone and let them live their lives the way they think is right if I were so persistent claiming my own freedom.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Kenr wrote:
Yes, because you are a hypocrite. You didn’t like the government telling you what you had to do, but you feel it’s ok for you to tell people what they should do and how they should live their lives. Just because you believe something to be true doesn’t mean it is.
I'm not telling anyone with a mask what they should do. In short, when I'm in sitting at a bar or drinking with a group and someone is still wearing a mask, I inform them that the mask mandate ended almost a year ago and that they don't work as protection against covid. And if they wear it for that reason it's idiotic. If they still wear it after, that's obviously up to them. Not at all similar to what most governments put their populous through.
Kammekor wrote:[We are back there already. Aren't you living in the past, still frustrated with what happened? You're intervening in the life of strangers while claiming your personal freedom. I am amazed you can not see the irony of your behavior.

Where I live over 90% of everyone I see quit wearing masks for an extensive period of time already. Each and everyone for their own reasons. But the rest still wearing it will have their reasons to do so too. Who am I to tell them / advise them not to? Who are you to tell them not to? Because it bothers you? Because you want to see their facial expression? Your freedom is be the annoyance of the other, and the it's the other way around too. That's how it works. Their mask bothering you, their freedom.

I would just leave them alone and let them live their lives the way they think is right if I were so persistent claiming my own freedom.
Yes, still frustrated about to last 3 years. And worried that such a large part of the world was okay with the mandates.

Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Equinix wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:57 am
Kenr wrote:
I'm not telling anyone with a mask what they should do. In short, when I'm in sitting at a bar or drinking with a group and someone is still wearing a mask, I inform them that the mask mandate ended almost a year ago and that they don't work as protection against covid. And if they wear it for that reason it's idiotic. If they still wear it after, that's obviously up to them. Not at all similar to what most governments put their populous through.
Kammekor wrote:[We are back there already. Aren't you living in the past, still frustrated with what happened? You're intervening in the life of strangers while claiming your personal freedom. I am amazed you can not see the irony of your behavior.

Yes, still frustrated about to last 3 years. And worried that such a large part of the world was okay with the mandates.

Maybe it’s idiotic for you to worry about what someone else does. And what about the people you harass and get into their personal business as to why they wear a mask? You know, the ones you play 20 questions with about their medical history. It’s none of your business, you don’t know as much as you think you do. You’re not trying to inform, you’re trying to control.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kenr wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:34 am
Kenr wrote:

Maybe it’s idiotic for you to worry about what someone else does. And what about the people you harass and get into their personal business as to why they wear a mask? You know, the ones you play 20 questions with about their medical history. It’s none of your business, you don’t know as much as you think you do. You’re not trying to inform, you’re trying to control.

"You're trying to control" says the windbag who has spent two days attempting to influence how a stranger on the internet speaks to other strangers
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:10 pm
Kenr wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:34 am
Kenr wrote:

"You're trying to control" says the windbag who has spent two days attempting to influence how a stranger on the internet speaks to other strangers
Get your facts straight blowhard, I’m not attempting to influence anyone. It’s obvious this individual is so full of himself that he thinks everything he says and believes is gospel, and you can’t influence someone like that to change.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic