Masks still mandated while flying?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Equinix
Expatriate

Re: Masks still mandated while flying?

Post by Equinix »

Kenr wrote:
You think you know but unfortunately you don’t. I’m not as well traveled as most here, but I do know that locals is SE Asia have been wearing masks long before Covid ever struck. And for you to have the audacity to say they are wrong, well that’s just a cult personality. You should get over pushing your agenda onto other people where you are nothing more than a guest.
As mentioned in my previous post, mask wearing was only a thing for people that were either sick or going through traffic. I'll never stop trying to deprogram people from the covidian cult. Or trying to explain to people why they shouldn't litter the streets (as its part of the culture).

I have a daughter here and a Khmer family, I'm not just a guest, I'm a part of society here =)

You keep living in your crazy covidian bubble were people should fall in line like lemmings. ImageImage

Hail fauci

Video from yesterday =)

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Last edited by Equinix on Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Equinix wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:13 pm
Kenr wrote:
You think you know but unfortunately you don’t. I’m not as well traveled as most here, but I do know that locals is SE Asia have been wearing masks long before Covid ever struck. And for you to have the audacity to say they are wrong, well that’s just a cult personality. You should get over pushing your agenda onto other people where you are nothing more than a guest.
As mentioned in my previous post, mask wearing was only a thing for people that were either sick or going through traffic. I'll never stop trying to deprogram people from the covidian cult.

You keep living in your crazy covidian bubble were people should fall in line like lemmings. ImageImage

Hail fauci

Video from yesterday =)

LOL, you’re the one living in a bubble, because what people do or don’t do is none of my business. Do you really believe they, or anyone else for that matter, gives a shit about your preaching? You think they care? LOL.

People complained about having to wear the masks, and I don’t blame them, I hated it also. Now you have an issue with people wearing a mask. Too funny.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Equinix wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:45 pm

I can speak Khmer pretty well and when I speak with Khmer people I've met somewhere at random and some are wearing a mask, I'll do that whole spiel from my previous message and they normally take their mask of and we continue speaking about family, work, relationships and about politics, both local (silently) and globall =)
When you were at the floating restaurant did you tell everyone driving a motorcycle without wearing a helmet it's smarter to wear one? Told all the drivers sipping a beer driving sober is the rule? Told the owner paying decent wages is the way to go? Interfered every time someone threw some rubbish in the river teaching them about the plastic soup?

Your crusade seems rather random to me and your behavior a bit pedantic.
When someone asks you why you don't wear a mask, explain it to them, but questioning them about their motivations I find rather rude.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Kenr wrote:
Kenr wrote:
As mentioned in my previous post, mask wearing was only a thing for people that were either sick or going through traffic. I'll never stop trying to deprogram people from the covidian cult.

Hail fauci

Video from yesterday =)

LOL, you’re the one living in a bubble, because what people do or don’t do is none of my business. Do you really believe they, or anyone else for that matter, gives a shit about your preaching? You think they care? LOL.

People complained about having to wear the masks, and I don’t blame them, I hated it also. Now you have an issue with people wearing a mask. Too funny.
Most people take their mask off after I ask them why they are still wearing it. Just as most people listen to me when I mention they should stop littering and they pick up whatever they just threw on the road.

Small changes maybe, but hopefully it ripples out. =)

Kammekor wrote:
Equinix wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:45 pm

I can speak Khmer pretty well and when I speak with Khmer people I've met somewhere at random and some are wearing a mask, I'll do that whole spiel from my previous message and they normally take their mask of and we continue speaking about family, work, relationships and about politics, both local (silently) and globall =)
When you were at the floating restaurant did you tell everyone driving a motorcycle without wearing a helmet it's smarter to wear one? Told all the drivers sipping a beer driving sober is the rule? Told the owner paying decent wages is the way to go? Interfered every time someone threw some rubbish in the river teaching them about the plastic soup?

Your crusade seems rather random to me and your behavior a bit pedantic.
When someone asks you why you don't wear a mask, explain it to them, but questioning them about their motivations I find rather rude.
When I'm in traffic and see people driving without helmet or playing with their phone. When possible, I say something about it. (Buy a helmet for your kids, loads of crazy drivers on the road that might hit you) stop playing with your phone on the road, stop 10 seconds and get yr message out without the risk of colliding with other people in traffic.

Last edited by Equinix on Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Equinix wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:29 pm
Kenr wrote:
Kenr wrote:

Hail fauci

Video from yesterday =)

Most people take their mask off after I ask them why they are still wearing it. Just as most people listen to me when I mention they should stop littering and they pick up whatever they just threw on the road.

Small changes maybe, but hopefully it ripples out. =)

LOL
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:28 pm Interfered every time someone threw some rubbish in the river teaching them about the plastic soup?
Just out of curiosity; do you let people throwing rubbish in the river in front of you go unremarked?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:31 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:08 pm
Don't be one of those people that become outsiders cause they can't conform to the simplest of local traditions or societal norms.

Before you know it you'll be spending time on some obscure forum creating thread after thread, post after post, trying to prove that you're smarter than everyone.

In the meantime "everyone" is just enjoying life together. Sometimes with a mask on, other times not, but always with better topics of conversation than you.
If only it were that simple.
I arrived in Cambodia in 2018. Barring a few random Japanese and Chinese tourists (mostly middle age women), masks were not a traditional piece of clothing for anyone.

News reports that have made it onto this forum every year since I registered, which suggest that covering an electrocution victim in sand is the best course of action (as far as many locals are concerned).

Meanwhile, I visited the bank recently, where the customer service bod was sat behind a Perspex screen, wearing a mask. Talking in muffled tones in the usual semi coherent style.
Sometimes, calmly, a bit of practical common sense needs to be injected into the process. This is where a lot of the push back has occurred since the entire debacle started.
Spent a couple of days in airports. When everybody around me has a mask on I have no desire to be that one "informed" westerner looking like a total douche face while looking for confrontations to let people know they are idiots.

It is that simple.

Not targeted towards you, I believe you are more level headed but this is the conversation I'm in it seems
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:34 pm
Kammekor wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:28 pm Interfered every time someone threw some rubbish in the river teaching them about the plastic soup?
Just out of curiosity; do you let people throwing rubbish in the river in front of you go unremarked?
That's correct. I don't correct total strangers.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:40 pm
What??? You don't scream at every Cambodian driving around with a kid wearing no helmet? Or every time you see someone get in a vehicle while intoxicated?

Well... As long as you care about facemasks.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

ItWasntMe wrote:
Kammekor wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:40 pm
What??? You don't scream at every Cambodian driving around with a kid wearing no helmet? Or every time you see someone get in a vehicle while intoxicated?

Well... As long as you care about facemasks.
Screaming , lol

The regular scenario at the traffic lights.

Me: Hi, how are you?
Do you love your child?

**: yes

Me: maybe you should buy him/her a helmet, traffic in Cambodia is crazy and you might get into an accident were your child dies because you didn't buy him/her/them a helmet.

If I've prevented only one child dying or getting seriously injured because i'm being "an ass", I happily take that badge =)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic