Masks still mandated while flying?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Masks still mandated while flying?

Post by Tootsfriend »

Apexisto wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:43 am Dear Cambodia Expats Online users,

I am currently in Thailand and I intend to travel to Cambodia.

I still wonder whether masks are mandated while flying to Cambodia? Cambodia still seems to mandate masks in indoor places but I wonder does this concern air traveling? Have people here recently flown?

If they are still mandated, then I need to go with a bus from BKK to Siam Reap but that can be done too and I can even save some money.
I put masks in the same category as other safety gear I wear to protect myself. Such as,

Seat belts
Crash helmets
Condoms
Face Masks.

Which ones do you not wear ?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I flew to Cambodia with Vietnam airlines and masks were mandatory.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

On my most recent flights from Bangkok to Phnom Penh (two weeks ago) and back (last week), masks were pretty much optional. Most people were wearing them, but quite a number were not - and nobody challenged them as far as I could see. No idea what the actual rules say at this point, just my observation.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Your obsession against wearing a mask is nearly as irrational as those places still clinging on to the requirement to wear a mask.
Are you sure you haven’t got agoraphobia and claustrophobia to the point of incapacitation.
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

Freightdog wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 am Your obsession against wearing a mask is nearly as irrational as those places still clinging on to the requirement to wear a mask.
Are you sure you haven’t got agoraphobia and claustrophobia to the point of incapacitation.
I am no slave.

Unfortunately, the majority like to be raped mentally, physically and spiritually with such slave gadgets.

At least, I am sure I am not taking dick in the ass and even voluntary so I don't mind to be mocked of raped slaves. Slaves are not rulers of their own destiny.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Apexisto wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:13 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 am Your obsession against wearing a mask is nearly as irrational as those places still clinging on to the requirement to wear a mask.
I am no slave.

Unfortunately, the majority like to be raped mentally, physically and spiritually with such slave gadgets.

At least, I am sure I am not taking dick in the ass and even voluntary so I don't mind to be mocked of raped slaves. Slaves are not rulers of their own destiny.
Wearing a mask makes you a slave? I guess you are not wearing a seatbelt or a helmet either, drive drunk, have unprotected sex with crack whores, all in the name of being free and ruling your destiny….
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I’m guessing some extreme travel related anxiety, here. The idea of stepping outside of familiar boundaries can seriously upset some folks. It used to occur occasionally, many years ago, where a passenger might suddenly hit a mental wall trying to board a plane. Airport alcohol seems to provide enough backbone for individuals so afflicted.

Apoxisto, you’re really going to hate any engagement with government officials here; you still need a face mask. Sad to say, Russia is probably still your best bet, and stay home if you really want that warm cosy feeling.
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

I am no slave.

Consenting to wearing a mask on a flight because an industry that was decimated by the pandemic insists is not the same as being raped in 3 different ways.

Slaves are not rulers of their own destiny. You're right about that part though. I'm just not sure how the two things connect. :please:
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

I had to laugh last year when in India. I was flying from Bombay to Chennai no mask needed at check in, no mask needed during security, no mask needed in waiting area, no mask needed when in line to board but as we boarded we were asked to put on a mask. Once we had go to our seats the mask came off and that was it
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

I am no slave.

You probably have, or had, a job at some point in your life. No doubt you would have observed some sort of dress code and health and safety regulations. And you were obedient, you wore what you were told to wear, you followed the H and S rules, or were told to find another job (with similar rules).

Every single day you probably conform to dozens of rules and regulations without even thinking about them and I'm sure you expect others to do the same - you wouldn't be happy to find out the chef who cooked your food didn't wash his hands before cooking your food, or the pilot on that flight you want to take got drunk during every flight, the air traffic control people that day were up there in their tower smoking weed and drinking beer, the plane maintenance crew were disregarding servicing standards, you'd be pissed off if someone blew through a red light and T-boned you on the way to the airport or if your dentist gave you hepatitis because he hadn't been sterilising his equipment and you'd probably shit your pants if your taxi driver decided he wanted to drive on the wrong side of the road at twice the speed limit.... all because those people weren't slaves, they were masters of their own destiny and they made their own rules.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic