one way ticket

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

one way ticket

Post by 2sevensclash »

Can you arrive on a one way flight with a bus ticket onwards to Vietnam ?
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: one way ticket

Post by johnny lightning »

I think so but as an alternative try onwardticket. I ran into one of those assholes who would not let me board from Vancouver without an onward ticket so I booked one on the spot in the boarding area for 14 bucks. It seems legit (and is for this purpose) but it's actually a throwaway. First time ever in more than 20 years. Fuckwad (him not you!).
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

If an airline asks you for an onward ticket to allow you to board, they won't accept anything else than a flight ticket. If immigration questions you on arrival, on the other hand, your bus ticket might be good enough to convince them that you plan to leave.

With Cambodia in particular, I haven't had an onward ticket for any of my 4-5 post-Covid flights in. I was sometimes asked if I have a visa when I checked in, but even then, they just accepted my answer that I'll get a VoA. I've never been asked any questions by immigration upon arrival, so I'm not sure about that.

Speaking of immigration, if you look African or Indian, you're in for quite a barrage of questions by IOs before even reaching a counter. I had only read about that before, but finally saw them in action myself when I flew in last week.
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

Thanks
Rockman Lover
Expatriate

Post by Rockman Lover »

2sevensclash wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:07 pm Can you arrive on a one way flight with a bus ticket onwards to Vietnam ?
This is totally up to the airline check in staff. I recommend having on onward flight ticket. You can book a refundable one and cancel it.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Rockman Lover wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:13 pm
2sevensclash wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:07 pm Can you arrive on a one way flight with a bus ticket onwards to Vietnam ?
This is totally up to the airline check in staff. I recommend having on onward flight ticket. You can book a refundable one and cancel it.
Yeah very much this ^^
Depends on your departure airport, the airline policy, and the willingness of the staff to be arsed to check that you don't need a visa or onward ticket.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

BaronVonBaron
Tourist

Post by BaronVonBaron »

I checked in for a flight from USA to Cambodia today.

Eva Air.

The check in woman asked to see my onward ticket. I showed her a ticket to Thailand ten days from now.

Then she asked to see my ticket out of Thailand.
stevenjb
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by stevenjb »

BaronVonBaron wrote:I checked in for a flight from USA to Cambodia today.

Eva Air.

The check in woman asked to see my onward ticket. I showed her a ticket to Thailand ten days from now.

And how did that work out?

Sent from my SM-T570 using Tapatalk

ceoreg123
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by ceoreg123 »

BaronVonBaron wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:38 pm I checked in for a flight from USA to Cambodia today.

Eva Air.

Wow. First time I hear them asking for the ticket out of the next country.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic