Koh Samui

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Koh Samui

Post by GMJS-CEO »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:07 pm
WillieW wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:47 pm I would never pay 1000 for a room in Thailand. 250 to 300 is my Max. What I don't like in the tourist areas nowadays they seem to be forcing us into dormitories for the same price as a cheap room used to cost. That's another reason why I avoid the tourist parts of Thailand like the plague.
300 baht rooms are to be avoided in the whole country, i'd say 500-750 nowadays gets you something decent with hot water an air con not in a tourist area or in a tourist area out of high season

In a tourist area in season, 1,000 would be minimum
I have family looking to stay in Bangkok & Chiang Mai for a few months. The ideal would be a 1 bedroom and one other room that functions as a workspace, near the BTS and with pool. I was looking near the Asok station - I was surprised at the prices.

Chiang Mai was of course much better priced.

Note - since they will only be in a few months they are using AirBnb to find places. That leads to even more price inflation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic