Khmer440 is shutting down

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Khmer440 is shutting down

Post by Yobbo »

Super Sleuth wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:54 pm I heard a rumor that they are getting sued by someone for defarmation and thats the reason for shutting it down.
Does seem a little coincidental :unknown:
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

violet wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:05 am
David Gordon wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:32 am David wrote some words
Look at you being all grown up!
Said the spoilt child that had not grown up.
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Post by Felgerkarb »

BaronVonBaron wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:56 am A thread in the Cambodia Speakeasy section of The Forum That Shall Not Be Named says that forum will shut down permanently at the end of the month.

I hope those tossers and keyboard warriors don't end up migrating over here.
/waves
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Tootsfriend wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:03 am
violet wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:05 am
David Gordon wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:32 am David wrote some words
Look at you being all grown up!
Said the spoilt child that had not grown up.
My post was in lighthearted and affectionate spirits with no malice. Which I think DG understood.

It is not me who is contributing negatively to this forum or attacking other posters
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

[Admin Edit: No matter what happens with Khmer440, it will not be an opportunity to take cheap shots at their members or moderators, come on.]
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:12 pm
Rune wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:33 pm
BaronVonBaron wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:56 amI hope those tossers and keyboard warriors don't end up migrating over here.
..and I'm here! Straight from khmer440. Distinguished veteran of several keyboard wars. Absolute tosser. I missed out on all the hatred though.

From Denmark. Been living in Cambodia for some 8 years or so. Mostly in PP, Kep, and Siem Reap. Now staying in PP.
Welcome back!
@General Mackevili Now is the time to cash in on your new monopoly status.

post575303.html#p575303
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Well it has been pretty much dead whenever I've taken a look there recently, so no big surprise I'd say.

It's fascinating how each successive K440 owner turned out to be even worse than the previous one, albeit in very different ways from each other.
Bert Spaggiari
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bert Spaggiari »

This might come as a big surprise to some, but generally speaking, businesses shut down because they Fail.

He ran it into the ground with a trendy erroneous philosophy and an OCD level of micromanaging which turned more people away than it attracted.

If he was making money, I assure you, it wouldn't be shutting down. It was barely a 'labor of love', unless you spoon in a hefty dollop of narcissism, and his exit excuse was cocktail party weak.
---->'BANISH HIM!'
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Heart rate detected
Euthanasia no longer required
Khmer440 lives on
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

violet wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:31 pm Heart rate detected
Euthanasia no longer required
Khmer440 lives on
That was a close call. Use it or lose it as somebody once said....(probably Hugh Hefner.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic