Khmer440 is shutting down

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Khmer440 is shutting down

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:50 am its been a long time coming>
lets see who amongst the haters of this forum, show up here or will they fade away
my $.05 worth..... none
They never left.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Rune wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:33 pm
BaronVonBaron wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:56 amI hope those tossers and keyboard warriors don't end up migrating over here.
..and I'm here! Straight from khmer440. Distinguished veteran of several keyboard wars. Absolute tosser. I missed out on all the hatred though.

From Denmark. Been living in Cambodia for some 8 years or so. Mostly in PP, Kep, and Siem Reap. Now staying in PP.
Unlike the OP, you've been here for years.

I think you'll find that the OP is actually a shirt-stirring stalwart of tof.

:facepalm:
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

Damn. A sad day indeed. Home of some classic threads and a reminder in some part of the old Cambodia.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Rune wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:33 pm
BaronVonBaron wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:56 amI hope those tossers and keyboard warriors don't end up migrating over here.
..and I'm here! Straight from khmer440. Distinguished veteran of several keyboard wars. Absolute tosser. I missed out on all the hatred though.

From Denmark. Been living in Cambodia for some 8 years or so. Mostly in PP, Kep, and Siem Reap. Now staying in PP.
Welcome back!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

But....

bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Username Taken wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:47 pm
Freightdog wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:40 pm Can we, then, expect an inrush of people who previously openly despised this forum, as they will have nowhere except maybe the Kampot notice board to spill their vitriol? And of course Facebook.
I think Alexandra was referring to those who openly despised CEO when he said "forums attract a lot of people with mental illness".

I guess we can look forward to Jenny threads every week going forward.
Yeah? Really!!?? Jenny was allowed to rip on name people under horrible and defamatory accusations. She stopped short of calling me or my dad a CIA agent as is her usual M.O. or anyone else for that matter. I guess her CIA stories are not to be commited to writing so none of the CIA shit she spews has any credibility. If those that are twats want to read her crap and allow for it and ignite it and then walk away, then have your Jenny threads all to yourself but I look to this forum for substantianted info and not for slanderous and defamatory garbage.

Can I change my username to "Aging Tweaker" now?
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

bossho wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:02 am Can I change my username to "Aging Tweaker" now?
:hattip:
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Gavin Mac seems to have the ability to keep it intriguing. Not sure he wants it but he could write even one article a month for the main page - which also generates forum discussion.

Failing that Scobienz seems grief stricken - maybe he wants the two decade project back for posterity.

I can also see Alexandra’s point of having moved on yet maintaining this lingering obsession with the project and the past. As they say - good endings make good beginnings. Maybe he just wants to bury it and forget about it and doesn’t want it to dominate his memories.

Cambodia has changed - the world has changed. He makes a good point that k440 could be something else but for what it was and that something else would be better in all ways if it was unburdened with those chains and had a fresh start.

Sometimes the hardest thing we have to decide is what to stop doing - not what to do itself. It takes courage to take action. Respect.
Stay classy na
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

David Gordon wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:32 am David wrote some words
Look at you being all grown up!
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

David Gordon wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:32 am Maybe he just wants to bury it and forget about it and doesn’t want it to dominate his memories.
After the crap he's written and allows others to write, it should be buried and forgotten. It's absolutely disgusting.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic