another shooting at a festival in the states ;-(

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: another shooting at a festival in the states ;-(

Post by Little_Vicious »

And yet another thread about a mass shooting derailed by racist BS...
I admire the consistency of this forum.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

All that icky data. Ewww.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

orichá wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:31 pm
xandreu wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:25 am Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people.

RIP to the victims.

I pray that the USA sees sense one day.
Guns do kill people. People with guns kill people. I don't see the difference. Guns are bad, and their easy availability is responsible for too many deaths, period.

Lol, how many more years will Americans chant this nonsense about guns not killing people?

I don't get it...
I agree with you. I was being ironic.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Big Daikon wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:16 pm All that icky data. Ewww.
The problem with that “icky data” is that you can go to five (5) different websites and get five (5) different statistical results. It’s your racism and bigotry that is statistically undeniable.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Little_Vicious wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:46 pm And yet another thread about a mass shooting derailed by racist BS...
Is that not the consistency of a small contingent of the membership, rather than the forum as a whole?
Little_Vicious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Little_Vicious »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:25 pm
Little_Vicious wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:46 pm And yet another thread about a mass shooting derailed by racist BS...
Is that not the consistency of a small contingent of the membership, rather than the forum as a whole?
You are correct, sir. Pardon me for painting with such large brush strokes.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

When we look at crime or any other social phenomena, I think it's important to look at the big picture and the numbers together.

Isolating one datum is a poor analysis. Citing data in context helps us understand things better.

Others think it's all "racist bs".
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

Kenr wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:21 pm
The problem with that “icky data” is that you can go to five (5) different websites and get five (5) different statistical results. It’s your racism and bigotry that is statistically undeniable.
Please post just one of these different results from one of those websites. Of course if you think this request is racist then just reply with some abuse that usually works
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Big Daikon wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:12 pm When we look at crime or any other social phenomena, I think it's important to look at the big picture and the numbers together.

Isolating one datum is a poor analysis. Citing data in context helps us understand things better.

Others think it's all "racist bs".
So why does social phenomena numbers only consist of race and/or ethnicity? Aren’t there other factors? For example, what was this shooters motivation? It was jealousy. But you wouldn’t know, or even care, as long as you can find the data/numbers to your liking that point fingers at a certain race/ethnicity group but don’t even address the real issue at hand.

Like I said before, an American is an American, skin tone has nothing to do with this, but you don’t see it that way and show it every time this issue comes up, and it’s obvious as to why that is.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

2sevensclash wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:25 pm
Kenr wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:21 pm
Please post just one of these different results from one of those websites. Of course if you think this request is racist then just reply with some abuse that usually works
I’m not going to do it because I don’t care, because that’s not the issue at hand and has nothing to do with this particular thread.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic