another shooting at a festival in the states ;-(

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: another shooting at a festival in the states ;-(

Post by phuketrichard »

FUCK:
another shooting< ( Asian American shooter, 67 this time)
America is a broken society
7 dead, 1 critically injured after shootings at 2 farms in Half Moon Bay in CA; suspect in custody
HALF MOON BAY, Calif. -- Seven people are dead and one is critically injured following shootings at two farms in Northern California's Half Moon Bay Monday afternoon, a source confirmed to ABC7 News in the Bay Area.

At the first shooting incident at the Mountain Mushroom Farm, one person is dead and three are critically injured. All of the injured are en route to Stanford Medical Center, the source said.

At the second shooting incident at Concord Farms, three are dead, according to the source.
https://abc7ny.com/half-moon-bay-shooti ... /12729257/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

No big deal, just Groundhog Day, right?
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

And another shooting at a school in Des Moines, 3 dead no other no details yet
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

TLDR, if you’re short of patience…

“A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.
"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."
"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."
Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.
"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."
Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."
After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.
"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."
Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.
And, predictably, he drowns.
A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"
God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:05 am I dont believe in more gun control, but really, something needs to be done

its a moot point, guns in America will never, repeat, never be outlawed, so time to move on from that and figure out something else
I wonder if Richard, quite innocently and accidentally demonstrated why a subset of the US population have difficulty with this issue. Impatience. Both in actually dealing with the problem, and finding workable solutions, themselves.
With all due respect to the rational Americans that I know (many), including NRA advocates but not zealots, the problem is some 230years in the making. To the rest- The solution isn’t coming overnight. You’re probably going to have to go cold turkey on this addiction.

wiki article on the 2nd amendment wrote: Some state-ratified versions, such as Maryland's, omitted the first or final commas.
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The ratification acts from New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and South Carolina contained only one comma, but with differences in capitalization. Pennsylvania's act states:
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed

The ratification act from New Jersey has no commas:
A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.
The scripture that every one and every argument seems to hinge upon seems to be individually interpreted across the entire nation. It wasn’t too long ago that a longer term member of CEO suggested that just because something isn’t well written in a post (by virtue of a less educated ability to write coherently), doesn’t mean that the rest of us can’t work out what they mean.
Here’s another wake up call- if it isn’t clear, it will be open to interpretation.

If you TLDRed that post, not to worry. There’ll no doubt be another newsworthy shooting from the US along shortly.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

The Asians are flipping out, too?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Big Daikon wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:44 am The Asians are flipping out, too?
Had enough of reading about US problems on an Asian centred forum…?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:55 am
Big Daikon wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:44 am The Asians are flipping out, too?
Had enough of reading about US problems on an Asian centred forum…?
Asians in the US are not usually up to this sort of thing. Bit surprising.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

What difference does one’s ethnicity make, an American is an American.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Mass shootings by ethnicity and, interestingly, the coverage different ethnicities get:

https://artsandculture.google.com/asset ... UvUw?hl=en
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

hanno wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:05 pm Mass shootings by ethnicity and, interestingly, the coverage different ethnicities get:

https://artsandculture.google.com/asset ... UvUw?hl=en
Interesting data. Thanks for that.

The trends appear to have changed a bit in recent years.

For more info:
https://www.mass-shootings.info/statist ... ?year=2022
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic