Building or remodeling a property in Cambodia

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Building or remodeling a property in Cambodia

Post by Matty9999 »

Hey guys, did anyone ever try to build something on your own from scratch or from an abandoned property, for example? I was just curious because i have some background in construction in the States, although not really as a professional property developer, more like a past-time. Im just considering the idea of building my own space to save some cash, and also id get the say in how it was designed (i can do the plans myself or with the help of a Khmer architect). Then for me the plan would be to build it slowly, over time, so that I can spread the construction costs out over some months. Just an idea. Thanks How did yours go?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: Building or remodeling a property in Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Matty9999 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:50 pm Hey guys, did anyone ever try to build something on your own from scratch or from an abandoned property, for example? I was just curious because i have some background in construction in the States, although not really as a professional property developer, more like a past-time. Im just considering the idea of building my own space to save some cash, and also id get the say in how it was designed (i can do the plans myself or with the help of a Khmer architect). Then for me the plan would be to build it slowly, over time, so that I can spread the construction costs out over some months. Just an idea. Thanks How did yours go?
Here are a couple to look at:
general-chatter/building-kep-t16408.html

general-chatter/this-how-build-khmer-ho ... 40914.html
Lonestar
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lonestar »

I know a very good Khmer engineer. When I built my house, I wanted to do some longer spans than is typical. He put it into a Cad program and could pinpoint exactly where I needed columns, and how beefy the beams needed to be. His staff is excellent with Sketchup, and can do a very nice rendering. Let me know if you would like his help.

I have another friend of mine who bought a book in town of drawings for houses. He picked one out that he liked and the result was great. I could find out from him where he got it.

PM me if I can be of any help, and if you move forward with the build...I can offer some things that I learned from doing it.

Best of luck.
Unipro
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Unipro »

Hi Matty, I am an Aussie & been here for 20 years, working in various industries & commercial areas.
Relevant is Management in Construction & construction materials fabrication.
I managed a concrete block factory for 4 years, resort development manager, roofing steel factory manager & prefabricated homes for rural farming & resorts.
I am retired but working on developing more eco & sustainable construction materials for Cambodia resources including foam & aircrete infil wall panels among others.
I have several Khmer Construction personnel following my techniques.
Just within prefabricated homes we had sold more that 700 units with 18 months.
PM me for more details or Telegram me @donoakes . Pictures available.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Lonestar wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:26 am I know a very good Khmer engineer. When I built my house, I wanted to do some longer spans than is typical. He put it into a Cad program and could pinpoint exactly where I needed columns, and how beefy the beams needed to be. His staff is excellent with Sketchup, and can do a very nice rendering. Let me know if you would like his help.

I have another friend of mine who bought a book in town of drawings for houses. He picked one out that he liked and the result was great. I could find out from him where he got it.

PM me if I can be of any help, and if you move forward with the build...I can offer some things that I learned from doing it.

Best of luck.
Thanks, just an idea for now, ill look into this a bit later, but advice is appreciated.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Unipro wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:35 am Hi Matty, I am an Aussie & been here for 20 years, working in various industries & commercial areas.
This you Don 🤔 general-chatter/scammer-alert-for-don-o ... on%20oakes
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:48 pm
Unipro wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:35 am Hi Matty, I am an Aussie & been here for 20 years, working in various industries & commercial areas.
Don; you been made

the internet doesn't forget
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:16 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:48 pm
Don; you been made

the internet doesn't forget
Thanks for the advisement, generally speaking, my experience doing biz with Cambodians is that they are very truthful, but this guy is from Australia, is that correct? haha he gave his real name on the Telegram.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Relevant is Management in Construction & construction materials fabrication.
I managed a concrete block factory for 4 years, resort development manager, roofing steel factory manager & prefabricated homes for rural farming & resorts.
I am retired but working on developing more eco & sustainable construction materials for Cambodia resources including foam & aircrete infil wall panels among others.
I have several Khmer Construction personnel following my techniques.
Just within prefabricated homes we had sold more that 700 units with 18 months.
Hey Don You forgot Koh Kong boat salesman. That one earned you a bloody face in Larry's one night when the buyer finally caught up with you.
Unipro
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Unipro »

Believe what you like but I've been honest all the way, your rumors in are in abundance by the misled & I have nothing to hide.
Well Matty, sorry but I have & never looked for money in the offer but to help Cambodia.
I have great supportive friends who really know the truth.
That's why I can use my true name & not hide like most repliers here!
Wish you a good life!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic